2024 Collab: Week 11 “My Favourite (Saying)” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2024, week 11 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “My Favourite (Saying)”.

• “My Favourite (Saying)”
    • Could be folk wisdom, an idiom, some comedic nonsense, or something else!
    • Got something unique to your culture? This is a great time to share it with the rest of us!
    • Or just a favorite thing
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 10, 2024 “Spot the Differences” winner BH67

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2024-03-16T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

3 Likes

It occurs to me to ask since I have a couple of favorite comedic phrases I say, is the entry for this required to be a still image or is a short animatic acceptable? I’d love to make a 10 second video of how my favorite phrase works out in a character interaction.

If it must be a still image, could a comic-book lay out work? I think just three-five frames could be enough.

1 Like

i think animated entries are find, ive seen a few animated enteries in these challenges before so you should be good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Others, please correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is that animated entries are more than welcome, as long as you can provide one stillframe to use as an actual submission for voting. CypherPoet’s “Transparent” entry just a few weeks ago was an animation and that’s how it was handled.

As for what you can meaningfully “cram” (tongue-in-cheek) into that stillframe, that’s half the fun of design, but personally, I’m intrigued to see the video idea now. Seconding jimmie, whichever format you decide works best for your idea, I’m sure it will be fine. Even my Spot The Difference entry broke the “rule” about having two separate images =)

3 Likes

Creating an animation entry, is no problem at all!
But deliver also a single frame (image) to be used in the vote!

The weekly Collab is all about getting you out of the comfort zone.
Working on projects in a small time frame and just learning Blender in a fun way.

2 Likes

As useful as a chocolate teapot

Utterly useless or ineffectual (because pouring boiling water into a chocolate teapot would melt it).

:slight_smile:

18 Likes

W.I.P

10 Likes

i like your sculpture, ive never been any good at making people in blender but your design looks good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Practice makes perfect I’m not great at it though

Fish in feathers. Or a feathered fish. I don’t know from where I got such an expression in my vocabulary. Nobody around me uses it. It means some kind of nonsense.

9 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.

The new subject week 12 “Horror” has already started. The winner of this week’s “My Favourite (Saying)” challenge may select a subject for next week 13 and win a badge.

My Favourite (Saying)

0 voters

2 Likes

@jimmie Congratulations on your illustration of the funny saying “As useful as a chocolate teapot”. I’d never heard of it. But the effect is beautiful. Good shape and texture.

• Kzanna - Great fish model. But I would say, where are the feathers? Because I’m unknown to the saying. Cultural differences …?
  • Willrun - There are some composition rules you can apply to this scene. Like:
    • Rule of thirds
    • Balance (left vs right)
    • Symmetry

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms