2023 Collab: Week 51 “Christmas Spirit” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2023, week 51 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Christmas Spirit”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-12-23T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

4 Likes

made in blender
here a lil something i made a while back :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Great entry!

2 Likes

I agree with @FedPete as your entry has lots of individual items that all fit the challenge theme. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

thank you, most of my time on this project went into props :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice indeed. That’s a conveyor belt right? So this is the cabin where the toys are made. The defective toys can be sent in the opposite direction, into the fire :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :+1:

3 Likes

Hi, after seeing Grant’s Winter Wonderland video, I’ve decided to create Christmas PF to brag a bit to my relatives and friends (nobody understands 3D graphic so I can lie as they won’t recognize how bad it is). But as it is thematic, I can send it here and maybe get some feedback from you.

This scene is intentionally simple. I haven’t used any complex material settings nor PBR textures. The reason is simple, I thought it’s more cute but to be honest, I am not sure it works.

Anyway…

13 Likes

I love your scene buddy. So much going on! One could look at it for many minutes and still find anything new. :+1:
And btw. This fire…oh my oh my… I think you should create eyes and mouth and make the character from it.

3 Likes

Try to use a sharper background (sky) image. Everything is nice in focus and sharp, but the background isn’t.

2 Likes

Yes I know, this and few other issues I kinda hate. Originally I wanted to make something like aurora sky but just rendering this scene crashed my Blender multiple times before it let me proceed. I am afraid with geo nodes at the party, Blender wouldn’t allow me even to open the project.

Instead, I decided to choose hdri but only with this particular feel: colourful, almost stylised-like (and free) but found nothing close to my vision. Until this. But only in Blender Kit library and only in 4k while 16k is needed.

Thing is I don’t have much time left and with the amazing toy factory above, I have no fighting chance here. Not a slightest.
And as this is supposed to be PF card for the family and few friends, I can easily lie to them that this is my… “artistic intention” or something similar people use to cover their faults. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I agree with @FedPete about the sharper sky, but other than that, this render is looking most definitely in the Christmas Spirit. The only other thing I noticed, though definitely not a fault, is the lamp post, which to me looks like it would be on a city or town street, rather than out in the countryside.

4 Likes

I have been retopologising the entire default text Blender uses as it’s text object entry font.
So used it for a Christmas Themed animation and in part as a test of if it works ok.
I had grand ideas of letters arranging themselves but as always time rushes by. I need to learn much more about animation and video sorting out. It is a fraction faster than I like now. But I made a deadline! Phew.
It is 4k.

EDIT.
Improved, added to video. (I may well delete the previous version at some point.)

11 Likes

I’m loving this, especially when each letter bows it’s head one after the other. Your choice of colors for the letters is great as well, and I’m glad you made the deadline.

Oh, and I for one wouldn’t mind seeing it in 8K, as I’m sure then everything would really stand out. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks. Don’t think 8k is really available to watch it on. So holding off such upgrades! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh yes, the lamp… I know exactly what you mean but I…
Nah, I have no reason at all. I just love this style of street lamps and I wanted to have it here. :smirk: :grin:

2 Likes

I also like your lil lamp, its very its very naria-esk lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

love your animation , thats the one area of blender i wish i was better at. but this is good work and merry xmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

The idea of mini-worlds captured me and won’t let me go. Snow globes and their varieties are perfect for them.

I hope I have time to work some more. Add light. And perhaps remove the forest background?

9 Likes

I think if you replace the background with an environment where your globe would be logically placed, it would help the story. And it will probably make the glass globe better visible. Use solidifier on the global (wall thickness)?

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms