2023 Collab: Week 49 “Ancient artifacts” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2023, week 49 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Ancient artifacts”.

• “Ancient artifacts” - An artifact or artefact (British English) is a general term for an item made or given shape by humans, such as a tool or a work of art, especially an object of archaeological interest. In archaeology, the word has become a term of particular nuance and is defined as an object recovered by archaeological endeavor, which may be a cultural artifact having cultural interest.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 47 “Stylized fantasy buildings” winner DustyUnicorn

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-12-09T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

6 Likes

Added a modern technological artifact:

12 Likes

11 Likes

Classic! :star_struck:

2 Likes

That is lovely! Now I have to go watch it for the 37th time :smiley:

2 Likes

Multipass!

3 Likes

Hey All, here is my entry. Didn’t have much with this one. You now work and all. Hope you like it.

11 Likes

This made me watch the fifth element again.

4 Likes

Woah, I love the glow and the meterial, very cool artifact that I feel I would see in a RPG game like legends of Zelda, nicely done!

3 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your entry.
The new subject week 50 “Thing of the year” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Ancient artifacts” challenge may select a subject for next week 51 and win a badge.

4 Likes

@Kzanna Congratulations! I think the addition of the airplane was essential to the story. Emphasizing the subject of “Ancient artifacts” more.

• Roelof_van_der_Sar - Effective low poly model. Could use an environment to make it more ancient. Now it could be part of a SciFi scene (starGate…)
  • Joey_Cuevas - Very recognizable and strong visualization (shadows). I do miss the sand texture to make it complete.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

2 Likes

@Kzanna Congrats. Love the art style on the statues.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms