2023 Collab: Week 45 “Spaceships” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2023, week 45 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Spaceships”.

• Spaceships
    • Space vehicle, the combination of launch vehicle and spacecraft
    • Spacecraft, a craft, vehicle, vessel or machine designed for spaceflight
    • Starship, a spacecraft built for interstellar flight
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 43 “Hard surface” winner bOBaN

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-11-11T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

5 Likes

Old project.

13 Likes

14 Likes

13 Likes

I think imma call it Stella’s Ascent, or Steller Dream

13 Likes

Hey everyone, been a while. Question can the spaceship be from a form of a car that has been modified to be a spaceship? Just curious as I have an idea for it. In other words it has a look of a car but no wheels.

4 Likes

Hello, we are not very strict in the interpretation of the subject.
If you think there is a connection, please submit your work.

The Collab challenge is just to sharpen your Blender skills.

Have fun!

6 Likes

14 Likes

Interesting, reminds me of Rama.

3 Likes

The reference that I used is the 1984 movie Dune. After reading your post, I Google Rama and found a very similar image on an Arthur C Clarke book.

2 Likes

I really like this one. Nice composition and very believable scene. Only thing I’d like to say is that maybe the character in the background could have a bit more of a relaxed pose, leaning back on her left arm or something.

4 Likes

WIP, still busy with materials and maybe adding a planet in the background.

13 Likes

Looking good!

3 Likes

Adapted from an old project.

10 Likes

12 Likes

Almost finished… unfortunately postprocessing and background left to be done.

this one is better (23:57 CET) so not for competition

10 Likes

thanks for the feedback unfortunately I didn’t see it till after the deadline but ill take ur advice and fix the pose anyways

3 Likes

I actually prefer the first one. The spaceman and planet are nice additions but distract from the spaceship. And I liked the contrast of the blue light on the bottom of the car and how clear the lighting was overall. Either way, really cool car ship that looks like it belongs in a game!

3 Likes

It’s not over until it’s over. Maybe you can still post :wink:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms