2023 Collab: Week 44 “Your Game” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2023, week 44 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Your Game”.

• Your Game - Something from the game you dream of making. A character, a scene, a prop, a pivotal object, the style you wish to use, the user interface, anything you feel like. Low poly, High poly, show us your “Your Game”.
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 42 “Tempest Beast of the End-Times” winner Breagha

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-11-04T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

4 Likes

Old project of mine, was originally an old electronic board game.
Started it originally in 2001, last effort in 2020 using Blender (programming part - Phaser 3).

Introscreen

Assets

11 Likes

Concept art. I would really like to make a Raft in Space kinda game, once I know how to.

But yeah. Drifting on a raft through space, made from scrap and the remains of my destroyed spacecraft :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I have a favorite childhood game. It’s called fox hunting. At first we played it on a programmable calculator. Then we got tired of re-entering the program every day, and we played on paper (the game is similar in rules to a sea battle, one hides foxes on the field, the second tries to find them). Then computers appeared and my brother made me this game.

Now I want to make this game myself. This is approximately what the playing field should look like (10x10 cells, but for some reason I couldn’t fit it 8) The numbers show how many foxes are visible from this place.

4 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.

The new subject week 45 “Spaceships” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Your Game” challenge may select a subject for next week 46 and win a badge.

3 Likes

@Kzanna congratulations on your game preview. It’s nice to see Blender work being used in another project. Game development is hard. But it gives a new dimension to Blender.
In the earlier days of Blender, there was a game module inside of Blender.

• Breagha - the scene brings back memories of a adventure game (point and click). I like the organic creatures. A well deserved second place!
  • FedPete - Seeing this game asset after some time, I miss the number pad feedback. How to see how many digits you’ve entered. Plus the colors could be improved.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

2 Likes

@FedPete - Thanks a lot for the feedback and the kind words :heart:

@Kzanna - Congratulations :partying_face:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms