2023 Collab: Week 43 “Hard surface” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2023, week 43 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Hard surface”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-10-28T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

6 Likes

This challenge was inspiration to finish up an old project. This is a analog to digital recorder I use in my recording studio to record my intruments into the Reaper DAW. Top image is my blender render. The bottom is from the vendors website.

8 Likes

Still time to improve it … :wink:

1 Like

Definitely not the best thing I made… but I’m still recovering from the sickness… and I’m overall glad that I made it on time :)… I present to you… a box :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

The stains and scuffs look good. But would also be an indication of more dents and deep scratches. But I think, you already know so.

1 Like

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.

The new subject week 44 “Your Game” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Hard surface” challenge may select a subject for next week 45 and win a badge.

4 Likes

@bOBaN Congratulations on your Collab “Hard Surface” entry. It looks realistic with very nice details on the hard surface. Nice asset for bigger projects.

• Michael_Legrande - Well crafted model, a real example of hard surface modeling. Try to spend more time on tiny details like bevel, materials, and presentation (lights).

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms