2023 Collab: Week 42 “Tempest Beast of the End-Times” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2023, week 42 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Tempest Beast of the End-Times”.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-10-21T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

6 Likes

Grease pencil, new attempt

Just a quick addition to a Game Dev 2D Course challenge, working with 6 tones of grey. Landscapes. Grease pencil has also a feature like "Mist’. I didn’t use it. But I want to express that Grease pencil is more than drawing lines in 3D space. Have fun.

8 Likes

Looks cool!

wow, it’s empty this week :sweat_smile: . The subject matter is I think fun (but might be hard to make!). Hopefully some participants will still join! :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

So… Particle systems are hard! Spent all week trying to figure out how to translate this cool and pretty easy-to-follow tutorial into a tempest beast. Turns out, even if the tutorial is good, I’m still not friends with particle systems x.x

10 Likes

The terrifying Fat Boo who turns everyone into chocolate!

9 Likes

did you use the old particle system or working with Geo-nodes?

1 Like

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
The new subject week 43 “Hard surface” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Tempest Beast of the End-Times” challenge may select a subject for next week 44 and win a badge.

4 Likes

Yes very hard, I did not get the theme, it seems to be Warhammer books related? Then making any ‘beast’ is time consuming which I have no that much of lately.

4 Likes

Both - he starts out by computing the particles through the particle systems, then he exports them to alembics and imports them to work with them through the geo nodes. The way he explained it was that it uses less resources when you work with them as points?

1 Like

Just a random mythological any-beast, really. I don’t know Warhammer xD

2 Likes

Congratulations @Breagha for your mythical “End-of-time” beast. In combination with the title, it leaves the interpretation to the viewer’s imagination. Well done on such a difficult subject.

• FedPete - I don’t think, that the cartoony (15min drawing) fits the landscape design. Maybe use grey levels too. I do like the three panels. Something to explore more in a structured way (now happy accident).
  • kidgokubr - yes it was a very hard subject, but you still managed to produce something. I think it’s too mirrored (identical halves), which makes it more mechanical instead of natural. If done in Grease pencil, you could easily use the sculpt mode to make adjustments.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

5 Likes

Privacy & Terms