2023 Collab: Week 34 “How did that get there?” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2023, week 34 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “How did that get there?”.

• Put an object in a place or create a situation that makes you wonder “How did that get there?”. It could be an elephant on top of a lightpost, a bundle of cash in a trashcan, a severed head in the freezer (a bit dark maybe), or your car keys in the fish tank. It could be funny, mysterious, or it could be a situation that actually happened to you in real life. Get creative!
  • Subject selected by the previous Week 32 “Summer day at the beach” winner Gordon

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-08-26T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

6 Likes

I immediately thought of a render I did years ago entitled “Preserved For Eternity” which got a response from another member “and … how do I get out!” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Unfortunately I didn’t “create” the objects in the scene, and Blender wasn’t the software I was using to create it, so it’s going to be interesting to see if I can replicate the scene in Blender without importing the objects. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Fixed the color of the dust in the bottle:

Changed up the colors a bit to distinguish the sky, water, and bottle:

17 Likes

That’s a perfect example of how did that get there :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Hope you can make it happen. Sounds interesting!

3 Likes

First arrival

14 Likes

Finally we have solid proof that the moon landing was staged!!

2 Likes

There’s a little risk when buying teleport stones in the flea market

10 Likes

Still missing lighting and dirt!

5 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
The new subject week 35 “Among the stars” has already started. The winner of this week’s “How did that get there” challenge may select a subject for next week 36 and win a badge.

5 Likes

Once again: not many submissions (summer holidays), but all quality ones! Really like what you all did there!

5 Likes

I really like the edge-ware texture on the garbage bins.

3 Likes

Thanks. That’s about as detailed as I had time to make it. Would have loved to add some grunge on the bins and more garbage in and around instead of that displaced garbage plane. But I’ll leave that for another time.

Your scene looks great though. Very realistic. And I think the color changes did indeed add to the realism. Well done

2 Likes

@3DE_Study Congratulations on your inspiring work. The environment of calm weather and early morning-evening gives a relaxing feeling. As if time slows down. Good usage of light and texture makes it a well-deserved winner.

• FedPete - The subject chosen is hard to do. The universe is empty (black), the moon is grey. Difficult to enter colorful, shiny items into the scene.
  • Gordon - Funny subject. I think the composition could be improved. Playing with dramatic lights. Maybe just a closeup of the trash can with the lid on. Pressing out of some money bills?
  • Joey_Cuevas - I miss a bit of context. It could be a theater setup.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

3 Likes

OK, now that this Collab’s voting has completed, and a winner announced, here’s the render I was talking about in my earlier post. I couldn’t try replicating it as it was done with my previous laptop, and I had issues trying to boot it up the other day.

Preserved For Eternity

8 Likes

That is really, really nice render!

4 Likes

Thank you kind sir! The part I like best about it is . . . it was done with only one light, as that was the theme of the render challenge I originally submitted it for.

3 Likes

I agree, looks spectacular! Hope you can get your laptop working again and don’t lose that nice work.

4 Likes

You and me both!! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms