2023 Collab: Week 32 “Summer day at the beach” - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender Collaboration 2023, week 32 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Summer day at the beach”.

• Create a scene that shows off summertime activities/activities at the beach. This can be anything ranging from relaxation, sunbathing, or sand castles to sports like surfing, swimming, or diving.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. At the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2023-08-12T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

3 Likes

Old project, not participating

Preparing assets for an animation based on a cube.

13 Likes

That’s one fluffy coconut :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I learned something while making this. Don’t ever instance something with a geometry-nodes modifier on it, because it will do the calculations for each instance.

I hope someone else enters something, if no one does, feel free to say what you would like the next subject to be.

10 Likes

Started yesterday and pretty much pulled an all nighter to put something together. Surprised there were not more entries. Fun topic. I wanted to put more detail into it. Better foam, drops, bubbles, texture on flip flops, adjusting roughness variation, open cap on the sand etc. But I’ve run out of time. A good start for a realistic beach scene! Few things I enjoy more than a beer at the beach.

9 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.

The new subject week 33 “Steam-driven vehicles” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Summer Day at the Beach” challenge may select a subject for next week 34 and win a badge.

2 Likes

Can we have two winners this time? Both are great! :grin:

6 Likes

I vote both

3 Likes

I second this. Anyone have a subject that they think would be cool to do with the community?

2 Likes

Soup?

Summary

That was a joke. But seriously good luck with getting people to respond, it’s always headbanging a wall selecting a subject lol. Maybe do a poll will like 10 options and see what does well?

1 Like

Choose a topic that interests you. I do this all the time (and then suffer, because the topic always turns out to be more difficult than I thought))))

2 Likes

True

@Gordon Congratulations on this Collab topic. It gives a holiday feeling. Well done!

Like every summer, many of us are on vacation.
As a result, there are fewer participants. But to the artists who continue, thank you for your submission and hard work.

5 Likes

And thanks to YOU for keeping the collabs going during the holidays. The work of the moderators such as you and @NP5 does not go unnoticed and is really loved and respected. You’re a big part of why it’s fun to keep posting updates on this forum.

5 Likes

I’ll second @Gordon on his comment about keeping the collaborations going during the summer, or holiday seasons, for those of us who are here daily to see what’s going on. :grinning:

5 Likes

Privacy & Terms