2022 Collab: Week 7 “Winter Entertainment / Activities" - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 7 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Winter Entertainment / Activities”.

• Winter Entertainment - snow activities, snow games, snow sports, and any other types of fun only available only in winter!

• Subject selected by the previous week 5 "Futuristic transportation” two winners: Blest and ZachDude

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-02-19T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

4 Likes

heres a concept I’m moving towards

10 Likes

Entertaining for us, not so much the skiers :laughing:

6 Likes

They had their fun, now it’s the mountain’s turn

6 Likes

WIP
Skiier made and rigged, needs skis and poles still

10 Likes

Haven’t fully figured out what I’m doing yet, but it’s a start

10 Likes

Sorry, I don’t have anything yet but I’ll be doing Ice Fishing. Some people consider it a fun winter activitie.

3 Likes

This is my first week of the year which won’t have a submission :no_mouth:
But next week I will :smiley:

4 Likes

WIP

I’m having a l;ot of fun sculpiting all this clay like env =)

9 Likes

the little water ripple is cute

2 Likes

WIP:

Here is the ski poles and skis added. Added some node generated textures and some rough mountains in background. I wanted to just do an image and was trying to figure it our without looking at tutorials but I’m stumped on just how to make an image render as my background

8 Likes

I am a big fan of cross-country skiing, and have wanted to make a piece something like this for years! I really like the colors you’ve gone with.
Two questions: Are you still going to have some skis sticking out of the ball, and also why not look at tutorials?

4 Likes

UPDATE

11 Likes

Awwww that’s just too cute for words. :grinning:

3 Likes

It reminds me of the Link to the Past remake style, which is of course extremely appealing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes
5 Likes

Yeeeeeeessssssssssssss!!!
@FedPete knows it. I know I’m sounding old (I’m kind of) but this show was part of my childhood.

4 Likes

I didn’t have a lot of time this week, but I experimented a bit with textures and particles here, this is the result:

11 Likes

Yes, skis and maybe other stuff will be sticking out of the snowball :wink: Thanks, I like the sunset look as well. I more or less just wanted to see if I could figure it out intuitively. Still havent but also just added my own background so I dont think the background image is as necessary. I’ll look it up for the next one. I got as far as having the image show in the camera but not render.

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms