2022 Collab: Week 8 “Cyberpunk" - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 8 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Cyberpunk”.

• Cyberpunk - Cyberpunk is a subgenre of science fiction in a dystopian futuristic setting that tends to focus on a “combination of lowlife and high tech”, featuring futuristic technological and scientific achievements, such as artificial intelligence and cybernetics, juxtaposed with societal collapse or decay.

• Subject selected by the previous week 6 "Vikings” winner: Lintari

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-02-26T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

5 Likes

I don’t have a complete vision of what I’m doing but I want to play with Bio Enhancements. This is an Eye holder that will be connected to a computer.

10 Likes

OK, you’ve got me scratching my head . . . what are Bio Enhancements, and where would I find them in Blender (version 2.93 I assume)?

3 Likes

Not a blender feature.

Biological enhancement: The concept of human biological enhancement has been used to describe the augmentation of human capacities based on some sort of biological manipulation.

2 Likes

Might have bitten off more than i can chew but will try to get it as far as I can in allotted time. Basic block out and concept

8 Likes

Oh, OK. I did do a search earlier, and came up with an add-on called BioBlender, but I’m not sure it’s anything like what you’re thinking of doing.

1 Like

I already have it. - Sci-fi Axe. (From a free YouTube lesson by russian Knower School).

10 Likes

UPDATE:
I gave up on some ideas and I still have no ideas where I’m heading to.

Edit: Adding a variation where the weapon is not flying

9 Likes

I’m trying to model a building (following this tutorial: Modeling Buildings In Blender - YouTube) with the idea of ‘cyberpunking’ it up after.

The tutorial is meant for a game asset, and so there’s a focus on modularity and good modeling techniques. This is great because I’m new to this, but it’s painfully slow. I would also like to make my own materials with Designer, but we’ll see.

11 Likes

Just a small tease of my entry. This is supposed to be some sort of currency, heavily inspired by USB ports, lighters, and Star Wars credits. No fancy rendering, just a direct screenshot.

8 Likes

A really small teaser of my future work. It just will be a tv on background, but it will have some interesting details. And what role does mascara play here? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

UPDATE:
The final project is slightly clear on my head now but I’m not sure I’ll have enough time.

9 Likes

Oh, and you even included a box of throw away masks. :wink:

1 Like

So many cool teasers! That’s how I know it’s gonna be a good collab :grin:

3 Likes

This is how the society collapsed

3 Likes

Good boxes both cardboard box and masks box. Did you take your own photos of them to map on the models?

1 Like

No, I downloaded those from https://www.blenderkit.com/
I’m trying to use my head for this scene because it’s going to be big and I won’t have much time.

3 Likes

UPDATE:

12 Likes

Starting to add texture, still nothing cyberpunky yet…

11 Likes

Privacy & Terms