2022 Collab: Week 6 “Viking(s)” - CLOSED

I miss water, because now it’s look like sand dunes in the dessert. Not so much beach.
So the reference to a viking helmet is less.

Yeah, I know. I was going to do an underwater scene, but I realized I wasn’t going to make it by the deadline, so I tried to savage it.

1 Like

If you add a blue volumetric scatter to the world and some fake caustics it may look an underwater scene

1 Like

This looks great, nice job!

1 Like

Okay everyone, thank you for the feedback, here is my final submission! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I did that for Eeevee Fish Tank

Looking very nice. Are the trees ready made from an add on?
Nice ropes, hanging cloths. Good cart, I assume much is taken from whatever the young Viking is a part of? Iron rims though on the wheels?

2 Likes

FINAL…

Had to rush in the end… first time doing cloth simulation and hair!

10 Likes

Something like this?

Thanks for the advice.

9 Likes

A lot of entries this week! I’m loving it.

2 Likes

Most things are from previous projects, just appended. The trees though are from the free version of the Botaniq add-on. I thought about using Sappling Treegen, but a particle system on a particle system just doesn’t work in Blender and I didn’t want that much geometry for the vegetation. Nice catch on the wheels. I’ll probably fix that by final render now that I know it’s there and not really applicable to the time.

2 Likes

Made a few changes
So Final final I promise lol

9 Likes

Wow! I Iike this one!

We had a “Retro Game” collab 2021. When I had the same idea. But much older computer :wink:

1 Like

Vote for Vikings …

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the new subject week 7 " Winter Activities has already started. The winner of this week’s “Vikings” challenge may select a subject for week 8.

1 Like

I’m very curious how much time you all spent on your submission.
I see amazing things, not just spending a few free hours…
You are an amazing bunch of creative people!

6 Likes

Oh… I always spend a good amount of hours because I insist on making the same mistakes every single time:

• Modeling parts of the objects that are not going to be visible like the bottom of cartridge or everything on the tv
  • Testing the render and light tons of times even when I know it’s not even close to the final render
  • adding to much geometry and details for small objects
  • Adding a crazy number of subdivisions and displacement to the floor
  • posing the entire character instead of the visible area
  • creating a blanket that cover the entire char and simulating it instead of just the small visible area
  • Spend too much time optimizing the render speed
  • Adding invisible details like the green-ish glass in front of the screen instead of simply making the image slightly greener on gimp
  • the list continues…

This time I spent only 12 hours because I knew exactly what I wanted even before I turned the computer on

4 Likes

You went all the way back to the first computer game! I love it!

2 Likes

Oh, mine wasn’t meant to be a final of any kind. lol It’s nowhere near done. :smiley:

4 Likes

I usually spend 10-12ish hours on a submission. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so… I thought the deadline was Sunday :frowning:
A bit rushed towards the end
Oh well, heres my viking

14 Likes

Privacy & Terms