2022 Collab: Week 32 “Furniture" - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 32 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Furniture”.

• Furniture refers to movable objects intended to support various human activities such as seating, eating, storing items, eating and/or working with an item, and sleeping. Furniture is also used to hold objects at a convenient height for work or to store things.
  • Subject selected by the previous week’s 30 “Flowering plants" winner: Tyger2

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-08-13T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

3 Likes

Old concept, to get you inspired!

13 Likes

WIP
The next step is to fix the background.

The scene is largely filled with reclaimed objects.

12 Likes

I’m currently working on a submission. Hoping to have it done for the due date. Hopefully more entries pop up for us to enjoy!

@zeRgenTa I love your image so far. The robot changing the bulb is hilariously genius and I think it’s awesome that he has improvised a way to reach it :laughing: .

5 Likes

Not enough time recently for collabs :(. But I have work that fits!

Scify armor locker:

For interested - details

I made this one for Reforged Eden mod (for Empyrion: Galactic Survival)

Here is render from another side:

And here even more details (including in animations and how it looks in game): https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xYxB3R

13 Likes

LOL made for you! You even stocked the shelves.

4 Likes

`The giant mobile palette and paraphernalia… Ikea shelves on wheels. Very handy. Not much of a piece of furniture aesthetically speaking, but I’m going with practicality.

11 Likes

The Throne

For Years the under dwarfs were suppressed and forced into hiding by the invading humans. Taking everything within their paths, leaving those whom remained to survive through primal instincts for years to come.

That time is no more. For today is the day we take our freedom… our safety… our future and our past back as it so rightfully ours!

Hazah!

15 Likes

I love the detailing in this and the fact you made it tell a story of how a ginger man “earned” his throne. Huzzah!

5 Likes

Here’s my final render.

@FoolishJester
I’m glad you like it. Your entries were a major inspiration for me to try to make something with a bit of story.

9 Likes

I haven’t taken part in the Blender collab before, so I decided to make something today for this one. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

11 Likes

That means a lot and I’m glad I could help inspire in some way!

I really like your render and feel you’ve done an excellent job with telling a story with it!

3 Likes

He looks like he gives great snuggles lol! Very cool furniture piece. I could see that in the tower of an elder wizard whom has many trinkets, odds and ends that he has created or brought to life. Great job!

2 Likes

Looks like something from a Terry Pratchett book

3 Likes

Yeah I can totally imagine it being a wise relic of a tribe of chair whisperers

3 Likes

just in case I don’t get back to it later posting now

6 Likes

haha oh yeah he’s a real sweetheart

1 Like

Great first entry. Fun fantasy world furniture item.
Sit in it and the arms wrap around like a seatbelt before it runs off down the corridor or road with you! Add feet to the bottom of the legs, could be dog or cat or hooves.

2 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the new subject week 33 “Furniture” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Music Instruments” challenge may select a subject for week 34.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms