2022 Collab: Week 3 “Recycle your stuff” - CLOSED!

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 3 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Recycling”.

• Recycling - Use items from your three previously created scenes. Add another 1/4 that binds it all and creates a unique scene.

• Subject selected by the previous week 1 2022 “Glassware” winner: Mateusz

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-01-22T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

7 Likes

Very intelligent subject!

It’s gonna be a test of compositing, and as such it will reveal the scale of difference artists are taking up!

2 Likes

I dont have 3 scenes =(
I’ll have to work with 2.

2 Likes

Seems like a good opportunity to learn about the new asset browser :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Recycling means preparing to repair.

I’m trying to work with 2.9 and 3.0 but I encounter some issues.
And struggling with a wide choice of old projects (objects).

Just recycled this message.

6 Likes

How is your experience of version 3.0?

I am planning to upgrade now.

You can expect some data loss, when using projects created, modified in v3.0. To be used in v2.9.
Concluding, the file structure of v3 is different than the one before this new version.

2 Likes

I’m new enough to Blender that I can’t offer much insight about the upgrade, I probably spent at most a month or two with 2.9 before upgrading.

I do remember trying it when it looked like this:

And I hated it :laughing:

But anyways I’m liking 3.0 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah me, too. So I went back to an illegal copy of 3D Studio Max.
Wanted to switch, but seeing buttons like 'OSA, ‘5’, ‘8’, … kept me from switching.
And ofcourse a good course, like GameDev.

3 Likes

Ha they have made great strides to make me do a complete 180. I’m feeling more creative than I did with Maya.

3 Likes

well! creativity finds it’s way :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ah, the conundrum of software’s!

Then I should try now, before taking any other large project.

The conundrum persists. They are coming with 3.1 this year itself :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t think they will fix this. It’s just, a new file format structure. Upwards compatible.

2 Likes

I tried to dig into 3.0 geometry nodes. And that’s hell of a change, totally different. All 2.93 guides on this topic have litterally turned into pumpkins.

4 Likes

So, am off to version 3.0 starting tomorrow.

1 Like

It’s sooooo good!

1 Like

I’m trying to work on a short looping animation, first time trying animation in blender so hopefully, I can make it work, so far that’s what I got, it’s far from done.

Preview:
ezgif.com-gif-maker (3)

PS: Gif destroy the color so I’ll post an youtube video with the gif in the end =/

6 Likes

OMG @ZachDude I started with Blender 2.45, and THAT’s very similar to what it looked like. I put up with it until 2.49, I think, then got my hands on 2.52 with the better UI. ~whew~

2 Likes

I didn’t like it until 2.8 :laughing:
But yeah it’s amazingly better now considering its more humble beginnings.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms