2022 Collab: Week 2 “Desert” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 2 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Desert”.

• Desert - A desert is a barren area of landscape where little precipitation occurs and, consequently, living conditions are hostile for plant and animal life. The lack of vegetation exposes the unprotected surface of the ground to the processes of denudation.

• Subject selected by the previous week 52 “Snowman” winner: Rao

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-01-15T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

6 Likes

Uhhh @FedPete it says the Deadline is August 8, 2022. I think that needs to be changed to January 14, 2022. :wink:

3 Likes

Well spotted fixed it for him. A long deadline would have been nice though!

2 Likes

Then I would actually probably be able to come up with something suitable. :wink:

3 Likes

:no_mouth:

Thank You!

1 Like

You’re quite welcome. :grin:

The most important part is done-ish.
Now I just need to think about what to do

10 Likes

I think that long of a deadline would be a great way to simulate walking through a desert.

1 Like

It looks like a cookie …?!

1 Like

Ok
Time to start working on the sand material again =(

2 Likes

It kinda looks like a cookie, but I think is the shape what gives that cookie feel, not the material

2 Likes

I agree, as that was my first thought too.

2 Likes

WIP: As a non-native speaker, I have the correct amount of excuses to merge Desert and Dessert.

I have many ideas but I already had a lot of fun tweaking this sand texture

12 Likes

Love the idea!

1 Like

Mind blowing!
Love the sprinkles :slight_smile:

1 Like

I made this so far.
Downloaded palm leaf and made it to alpha image in GIMP.
Made several variations of shape and colour in blender and put 9 layers of particles for the foliage.
Oasis need some water now :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Well there will be two oasis for this one then. Would it be oasi or oasises if it’s more than one?

2 Likes

:rofl:
Hard to say. It probably never happened to have two next to each other. It would be and oastrosoty.?
Id go for oasi. Sounds better, but I’m not a linguist.
Oases :slight_smile:

2 Likes

UPDATE:

• I think I’m almost finding the right composition
  • Moved the scene to night-ish for better highlights and contrast
  • I’m still not sure if 35mm lens is a good idea due to the distortion
  • I’m also thinking a lot about the low poly leaves, I’m not sure if it fits the scene.

Please give me feedback

14 Likes

Privacy & Terms