2022 Collab: Week 4 “Chocolate”, CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 4 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Chocolate”.

• Chocolate is a food product made from roasted and ground cacao pods, that is available as a liquid, solid or paste, on its own or as a flavoring agent in other foods. Cacao has been consumed in some form since at least the Olmec civilization, and the majority of Mesoamerican people - including the Maya and Aztecs - made chocolate beverages.

• Subject selected by the previous week 2 “Desert” winner: ZachDude

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-01-29T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

5 Likes

WOW, a Collab named for one of my favorite things in the whole world!!

I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Ok, let’s start with it…

I know I’ll regret it but I’ll try procedural photorealism again.

Here are my references:

Here is my petit gateau:

Here is the node to create the external texture:

7 Likes

Pretty sweet start :wink:
I don’t really have any feedback, looks good to me so far!

2 Likes

I’d say you’re off to a very good start. I can’t wait to see it finished. :wink:

3 Likes

Crap i keep eating my reference :wink:

6 Likes

Hmmm, lava cake.
I had it at Christmas.
But my wife didn’t understand it.
Served it cold.
It was hard as a rock.
The node setup is too much for me.
My laptop gets hot baking it …

1 Like

It’s funny how it has different names for the same thing…
Lava Cake, Molten Chocolate Cake, Warm Chocolate Cake. Here it’s called Petit Gateau, which is french for Small Cake but I was searching and looks like that on France it’s called
Fondant au Chocolat which translate to Melting Chocolate.

About the node, the real problem here is the amount of subdivisions for the displacement. I ran out of video memory a couple of times trying to figure out the best config (that my computer can handle).

2 Likes

Update (and probably final)

11 Likes

Looking yummy! One question though, is the white whipped cream, or ice cream??? I like both, so no matter to me. :grinning:

3 Likes

Ice Cream + Hot Chocolote = Love

2 Likes

How right you are!! :grin:

2 Likes

Oo very nice! I like the billowing out of the thick chocolate, and the mat for the cake is quite good.
A comment, and a question: First, my only critique is I think it could use a plate :slight_smile:
Second, did you by chance follow the same strawberry tutorial on YouTube that I’m doing? :laughing:
Create a realistic strawberry in 12 min ! with Blender - YouTube

6 Likes

Yep! I wanted to use raspberries but I couldn’t make anything that looked good. So strawberry it’s is.

3 Likes

I made some raspberries once.
Shader nodes:

.blend file with the fruit itself:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16rmUCjufrE9HREpdXZmiv8XTBgzs1A_P/view?usp=sharing

Because of the scene, I didn’t include the Stamen (long brown hair things) or Stigma (fuzzy white/translucent hiars) in the modelling, since those details were heavy on my system and weren’t very visible.

1 Like

Appeal to the pure volume, a pyramid of chocolate!

10 Likes

Flies and chocolate hmm, they don’t quite mix :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I like the Suzanne imprints on the blocks :laughing:

1 Like

Hmmm, now if only I could thrust my hand through my monitor and grab a couple/three of those rows of delicious looking chocolate. ~sigh~

1 Like

I heard the feedback and this is what I came up with:
I think it’s still missing a good glass of wine in the bg… or maybe a Coca-Cola :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Privacy & Terms