2022 Collab: Week 28 “Vehicle" - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 28 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Vehicle”.

• A vehicle is a machine that transports people or cargo. Vehicles include wagons, bicycles, motor vehicles, railed vehicles, watercraft, amphibious vehicles, aircraft and spacecraft.
  • Subject selected by the previous week’s 26 “Carnival" winner: Tyger2

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-07-16T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

3 Likes

First time trying a competition out, got a lot I should get done today so did this as a proof of concept more than as an actual work.

7 Likes

I’m thinking of entering this one… if I can get something done on time.

Here’s the very beginning of my work in progress:

7 Likes

A hang glider is original. I bet a hang glider game could be cool. Particularly if it was done realistically.

Well here is my work in progress. My sleep schedule is completely messed up atm but I should be able to get more done before the deadline. More than likely I will continue to work on this after the collab ends as I have some ideas that I want that I likely won’t be able to incorporate in time.

7 Likes

Update on my entry. Not sure how much more I’ll be able to work on this before the weekend so going to try and upload when I get the chance. Still a LOT that I would like to do with this but not sure how capable I am.

8 Likes

Looks great so far! It’s already pretty polished. I like the overall look and the glowing potions are cool. Maybe ‘just’ a background and something on the ground? Grass? As is, it looks like a strong contender.

Not sure I’m going to get mine finished in time.

Here’s my progress:

6 Likes

I really like what you’ve got going on. All the smaller details make it feel like a complete scene rather than just a model. Definitely good pointers that I’ll have to try and implement before the due date.

Nearly finished with my entry, just trying to render it well now. However, the render looks way worse than a screenshot of the viewport with render preview on. Does anyone know why/how to fix this?

This took five hours to render.

6 Likes

This is my first timed creation, but I think I did ok. It’s a stealth-research vessel, and currently it is researching the strange ore that is making these rocks float.

8 Likes

Great subject, may be add some ocean stuff ( fish … ).
It enhances the feeling of being in an ocean.

Now, it could be space too …

1 Like

It’s comparing like an sketch to an oil painting. Roughly vs. exactly …

1 Like

yeah im working on adding fish and a shark

this is my final one i think. i might add more. but ive added 2 shoals of fish and a shark. its in the sea.

5 Likes

The top image is the render, the bottom image is the screenshot, I think the screenshot looks better, and the screenshot is more exact.

8 Likes

That looks really cool, but it kind of looks like a silhouette

2 Likes

Hi, for new participants!
I will select the last image uploaded to this forum thread, or instructed else, for the vote.
So it’s not a problem to upload more, improved versions.

Have fun!

1 Like

Brabham BT55

It was a five day marathon. Well, I’m unemployed now, so I’m ready to take up my hobby to the fullest.
I finally decided to make not only racing steering wheels, but the whole car. Of course, I chose almost the most boxy car in the history of Formula 1. Why complicate my life more, right?

Meet the Brabham BT55, “The Flounder”, one of the lowest Formula 1 cars designed by Gordon Murray. Its height is 855mm. The BMW engine was canted over at 72° to make the back of the car as low as possible, and smooth the air flow to the rear wing. Unfortunately, although the BT55 developed up to 30% more downforce than its immediate predecessor, somewhere along the line it also picked up an excessive amount of drag. Added to the problem of lost power due to poor oil circulation in an angled engine, the whole car was a disaster.
It caused another disaster - one of the best racers of his generation, Elio De Angelis, died behind the wheel.
It was not the best car, not the fastest, and certainly not reliable. But it laid the foundation for the best car of all time, the McLaren MP4/4.

WIPs and BTS:
A few words about creation. It all started with the search for blueprints. And I didn’t find them. Almost nothing, this is not a well-known car, unlike its successor MP4/4. Finally, I found a couple of drawings, according to which I began to assemble the body.

The interior had to be recreated from separate partial photographs and a short YouTube video, where some fan managed to look inside one of the cars. I am very grateful to him.
I drew the tachometer and turbine pressure indicator by hand.

The rear suspension and gearbox had to be created almost at random and from a cardboard model of one of the fans. It’s funny, but then I came across a clear photo of the back of the car, where everything was visible. It turned out very similar.
I also did the brakes and pedals. I like to do little things that no one will see, but they are there.

Texturing was the hardest thing I’ve ever done in 3D. I had to manually draw textures, look for sponsor logos and assemble them in place. There is one historical mistake connected with this - I used the new “Emporio Armani” logo. The old one looks a little different, with a different “E”. At one point, I found that I missed the stripes along the blue. Again, I painted them by hand.

And yet, you need not only the car. We need a character, a racer. Car number seven, driven by Ricardo Patrese. And I honestly tried to model his face (at least, his helmet), but I realized that I would spend too much time on it, I would burn out and publish it unfinished. So yes, it’s a woman. Her face is my current sculpting project. Hairstyle - on the first try :yum: Body - alas, I took it from the Internet, I was already too tired. Thank Ares, armature was included.

Finally, I wanted to work a little with the environment. I had almost no strength, but I spent half a day experimenting with particles. I wanted to rain and the rain came. Reworked the textures to the wet, new wet tyres, made beautiful wet asphalt… And burned out. Tired. And here I am.

I’m glad to see new members of the collab. I’m sure this week’s collab will be especially strong. Good luck and have fun.
And I’ll give myself a couple of days off. I will go to the sea and remember these crazy five days as my best artwork.

10 Likes

Privacy & Terms