2022 Collab: Week 17 “Character & Posing" - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 17 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Character & Posing”.

umishrak, winner of week 16 Architecture:

• Make your own character and Pose it to your liking. You can choose to Sculpt, Model, or do both.
  • Make your own Rig, no matter what number of Bones or what form of IK/AK, and Pose your Character.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-04-30T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

7 Likes

Ah, there is some cold silence on this topic.

Please allow me to be the ice - breaker.

I am submitting my final entry for this Topic. Though I did made it sometimes back but is relevant to this topic, so am submitting for considerations. I had no idea that this would fit into the subject!!

Characters can be anything, animal, humans or as a matter of fact the Lamp that we had learnt to create in the course. They too had bones, and they were posed in variety of ways in the Animation Sequence.

So, give it a try and participate. It will be fun learning!

14 Likes

The character I’m making is Dibella (goddess of love from Skyrim). I was going to do that project for the 1k tris collab but I guess it kind of fits this subject too. Well, it’s going to be her statue, not the goddess herself. Here’s my WIP.

5 Likes

After sitting a few weeks out under the weather, I’m slowly coming back into the swing.

The character I am working on is one of several jumping spider individuals that fulfills a protagonist role in Children of Time. I’m not sure if I’ll get around to making the particular scene I have in mind for her, but I’m having fun starting out.

Edit: Got a bit further along.

11 Likes

Wow! Going too good.

Looking forward to see the final render!

Get well soon!

1 Like

I’m still fussing about with it periodically, and may resubmit a new version before the deadline, but this is the current render I’m relatively pleased with. How I want the webbing to look has been tricky business, but the idea is more or less present. So, I present Portia, one of the many Children of Time.

5 Likes

It is dark on my monitor.

1 Like

Me and lighting issues, name a more classic duo! :sweat_smile:

This ought be solid enough, if I don’t find time for those refinements I wanted.

11 Likes

… and now for something completely different … (WIP)

Is rigify allowed for rigging? :thinking:

6 Likes

And now it’s posed and scene is composed:

Edit: tweaked scenery a bit (added grass + grounded a few objects)

11 Likes

Submitting my entry!

13 Likes

I hope rigify is ok because I used it too :grinning: I just started the character creation course and have no idea how to rig yet…

3 Likes

I’m sorry… it had to be done:

(just too bad I cannot use original Thriller song :frowning: )

9 Likes

Amazingly fun! Well performed Collab!

3 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the new subject week 18 " Low poly art style game props has already started. The winner of this week’s “Low poly art style game props” challenge may select a subject for week 19.

8 Likes

@Cathy_N congratulations on your beautiful but also mysterious scene of a lady in the woods. There is a nice blending of all items in the scene. Good focus and performance on the subject.

• Kax - It looks like a creepy space scene. The main subject is still too dark (on my monitor). And that’s why the focus is on the white victim. The web could be webbier … there is weight on them, so it should be more straight.
  • bOBaN - Love your dance (Michael Jackson …). Your model and rig worked beautifully together! Adding more details to the figure, making it more interesting.
  • umishrak - although the alien character is posing, it doesn’t show any (e)motion. It could use more scenery, landscape, environment … alien foliage for example.

Everybody, it was a good collab session. Beautiful and fun things to see and watch. It gave me new inspiration and you’ll need it also in the next collab “Sci-fi weapons”.

4 Likes

@Cathy_N well deserving win.

Congrats!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms