2021 Collab: Week 46 “Amusement park” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 46 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Amusement park”.

• Amusement park - An amusement park is a park that features various attractions, such as rides and games, as well as other events for entertainment purposes. A theme park is a type of amusement park that bases its structures and attractions around a central theme, often featuring multiple areas with different themes. Unlike temporary and mobile funfairs, amusement parks are stationary and built for long-lasting operation.
  • Subject selected by the previous week 45 winner simgen

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2021-11-20T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

2 Likes

my carasel

6 Likes

I’m using this week to improve my modelling skills. Particularly edge flow. Takes ages but here is what i got so far. Like in 10 hours :rofl:

For Themed amusement park.

6 Likes

Looking very nice.

2 Likes

Thanks.
I heve few poles where flow changes direction.
Thats not an issue is it?

1 Like

No those poles are essential and very much part of making good topography work.

2 Likes

Looks great :slight_smile: I’m using this week to improve my modeling skills too… just in general but I have a feeling array modifier will be used a lot (already used for ‘umbrella’) :slight_smile: using reference image from old school ride. Here’s a sneak peek :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you.
Yours is looking great too. Seats look comfy with the profile. Is there going to be some simulation kind of thing for chain?

2 Likes

I guess it’s going to be array following some curve… not sure yet. If that’s what you’re asking :slight_smile:

I saw this some time ago.
Never tried yet. But irs there.

5 Likes

Topology is very good, well done.

1 Like

First time doing this been lurking for a while though, still working on the lighting and the volumetric scatter, not quite coming out the way I want yet and also maybe play around with the texture of the horse hide.

Demon Horse Carousel

7 Likes

Welcome to the collab.
Nice first entry.
If you still working on it I would consider posing horses as if they galloping. Just the sugestion.
Nice models though.

5 Likes

Great entry. Perhaps more lightbulbs in the ceiling and of more colours?

6 Likes

Thank you. was thinking that as well, also considering adding bezier curve tail and mane still a few days left plenty of time

4 Likes

I experimented with rigidbodies while making chains for the stagecoach. Forgot though to set origins correctly so I ended up with an exploding chain XD

3 Likes

You find some interesting things in blender when you forget to do things “Correctly”, always amazes me I love it.

4 Likes

Could be handy. If you ever want to make a shrapner bomb.

4 Likes

Rushed this piece so not too happy but here it is (didn’t have time for chain at all…)

7 Likes

Maybe a more dymamic, action driven camera view point?
Rotation, blur … Play with the camera like a photographer.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms