2021 Collab: Week 44 “Once upon a time in Wild Wild West, there was …” CLOSED

Well, all the money you loot from it is contained within a tiny box, and the doors stay closed :face_with_monocle:

Here's the original crashed coach:

3 Likes

Well. They were lasy.
You can better them :muscle:

3 Likes

Yea I see what you mean. I turned the same image into my background and it looks fine on my main 2K monitor but not so good on my second lower res monitor. With this almost white ground you loose a little detail on my main monitor but so much is lost on my second. I think I’ll leave it though because if there was more detail far out then you would notice that in the distance its not very far out.

1 Like

If you wanted to you could add a little more detail into the green part. A little more grass sticking up might make it look to the same detail of the water, rocks and coach. But I really like your scene and coach. I’ve played red dead my self. The tree cut down to block them, I can already see the shoot out waiting to happen. Really well done :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: And yep, background obviously needs some more detail. I’ll add them but first I need to check for @Mateusz what’s inside the carriage.

2 Likes

:rofl:
Just open the door. Let us see what it will look like. For me it pushes more in to the story. " Some body was there doing stuff"
Like.
You going back in to the forest. Following trail leading from the carriage. You meet shimmy bloke and he engages with his tale on how he looted this carriage and found that magnificent treasure that you happen to rally need. If you do quest for him he will give it to you. And you have bonus level.

2 Likes

Last tweak :sweat_smile: Spines through the hat are intended :grinning:

7 Likes

Your story is getting better! I like the approach very much.
But maybe … change the hat in a male flower shape (difficult I know).

2 Likes

Thank you! I think I will leave it as is this time… Still proud of my cowboy hat :grinning: However, I like your idea!

4 Likes

And here’s my final version with all the feedback included :slight_smile:
Added lots of plants to the background, dropped the lamp and opened the door (no good loot inside, though). And yeah, there’s also the money safe from the game now.

5 Likes

Old project 2016.

7 Likes

I made a hole load of things and somehow it all doesn’t fit on one shot.

Campers looking for their mate.

And their mate neatly tucked in to the mining wagon.

He shouldn’t wonder from the camp at night…

7 Likes

Great selection of things. I think the middle one gets most in well.

2 Likes

The puppets look ugly though. No wonder their mate run away :rofl:

1 Like

That looks great. The only thing that you might want to do now it scale the carriage up a bit. I think it looks slightly small, do you agree?

1 Like

Once upon a time in Wild wild west, there was tree travellers who stopped for a nights rest.

5 Likes

Thank you! Though, I checked the scale all the way compared to the stagecoach. The carriage may appear smaller than it is because it lost its big wheels on the upper side and is laying in water which has a refraction effect. And scaling it up will cause conflicts with other objects like road tracks and the tree.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a great scene!
And the imp be like “Gosh what the hell! Can’t have a dinner without tomorrow’s dinner disturbing me!”

3 Likes

Voting for “Once upon a time in Wild Wild West, there was …” theme - week 44

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 46 " Useless Machine has already started. The winner of this week’s “Useless machine” challenge may select a subject for week 46.

1 Like

Our congratulations go to @Mateusz and @simgen for their winning entries of “Once upon a time in Wild Wild West, there was …”. Again a double first place, with very different views of the current subject. Well done!

• Peter Khomov - So much work and details. I think a different composition and or camera view could up the end score. The subject is too tiny in comparison to the scene (gets lost).
  • Oliver_Noone-Joines - I like the desert feeling it gives. Maybe a bit more variation … add a scorpion.
  • FedPete - Cactus in a pot in the desert … strange
5 Likes

Privacy & Terms