2021 Collab: Week 47 “Create your favorite 2D artwork in 3D” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 47 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Create your favorite 2D artwork in 3D”.

• Create your favorite 2D artwork in 3D - A blender piece in the style of the famous artist. I think it may be a good practice to try to work something in 3d in a certain style, so maybe your favorite is Dali or you come up with something quite surreal, etc.
  • Subject selected by Jack_Mak_Morn

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2021-11-27T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

4 Likes

2D - Piet Mondrian

3D Fed Pete

11 Likes

Gerrit Rietvelt chair design, based on Piet Mondrian.

9 Likes

lol Easy one!
Now we expect an old Dutch master.

4 Likes

:rofl: Yeah, I know. But, busy with other projects.

3 Likes

:rofl: This is definitely going to be interesting. :grin:

3 Likes

Hmmm

Not sure it’s worth taking part in the competition but after @FedPete 's post I couldn’t resist :slight_smile:

10 Likes

It’s a mysterious entry … a monolith, Stanly Kubrick.

2 Likes

It’s just to have fun, improve and help each other get better like @FedPete says in the intro to the collab

2 Likes

2d art is bill

next is 3d bill

10 Likes

Yup, but it’s still a default cube…
…with 1,5m faces - the most hi-poly Blender work I’ve made so far.

2 Likes

It’s not the size of of the cube or the number of subdivisions it’s what you do with it lol… bad joke I know

3 Likes

I don’t really have my favourite painting or picture. But When I was a kid I’ve had my very favourite 2d cartoon. Earthworm Jim.

So here is my 3D interpretation.

11 Likes

Great model and scene.

2 Likes

Thanks. Ive canibalised torso from my orc model. Rest is freshly made. Easy models too. Extrusion, scale and bevel mailny. Scene, jet and laser all volumetrics. And they took longest to figure. Whole thing took about 3.5 hours. 3min render at1000 samples

4 Likes

I know it’s a little out of season, but here it is.
One of my favorite 2D artworks, an Easter drawing one of my children made:

3D rendition:

12 Likes

Wow! This is great!
So much fun in this one.
Good artist too :wink:

2 Likes

M.K. Ciurlionis - Castle Fairy Tale

Me 112 year later (wasn’t too cautious about the details…)

9 Likes

Power puff girls

Need to make a few more minor changes but almost done

10 Likes

Privacy & Terms