2021 Collab: Week 45 “Useless Machine” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 45 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Useless Machine”.

• A useless machine or useless box is a device which has a function but its direct purpose is deliberately unknown. " Useless machines " have recently gained popularity with commercial success. They could be used as an amusing engineering “hack”, or as a joke.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2021-11-13T22:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

2 Likes

Useless machine: “Wind driven car”

10 Likes

banana bot has to peel a banana haha

7 Likes

also his words are there but they did not render

1 Like

I googled the actual “useless machine” and I want to unsee it, looks so annoying :grinning:

2 Likes

I assume wheels don’t turn either haha

2 Likes

This machine sucks …

2 Likes

My Submission…

6 Likes

Just curious… what are those grey things pointing out from the pile of sand? Is it some burial site?

4 Likes

Those are smoke… I created this scene with objects from old projects. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Now that you said it… I can see smoke now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

As I mentioned before the useless box kit striked me as super annoying… so here’s my contribution to it :grinning: Tried some new stuff on this entry: had some play with textures and pulled the tape towards the box with force field (vortex). Far from perfect but practice will make so (as they say :grinning:)

5 Likes

@simgen Is that box procedural texure?

1 Like

Nope, just some cardboard texture from textures.com :slight_smile: The box itself has some weird artifacts… but didn’t bother fixing it this time :sweat_smile:

texture

3 Likes

Nice UV work. I like you effort.

Lasy :slight_smile:
O yeah. Tape. Cool touch, and approach. I need to look more in to force fields :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

I followed a tutorial but there’s so much to explore!

1 Like

courses are available at Udemy site for force field. I enrolled myself in one course to learn force field.

3 Likes

There is plenty courses yes. Not enough time to do any of it though. Still didnt finish 2 i have in here :rofl:
Some day it will happen

3 Likes

Same here…I couldn’t finish a single one. :joy:

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms