2021 Collab: Week 27 “High Altitude” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 27 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “High Altitude”.

• High Altitude - Clouds, mountaintops, planes, etc. I think it would be really great to practice atmosphere some more.
  • Subject selected by the previous week 25 winner yo_johann - “Forest”

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-07-10T21:55:00Z

2 Likes

6 Likes

ok i tried it.
i use the a.n.t. plugin to create the terrain and some nodes for texturing.
The rendering took 6 minutes…

8 Likes

Welcome back Enodes. Good image.
What is the a.n.t. plug in? I have seen it mentioned somewhere before. Terrain auto generator?

:rofl: I think he may jump into orbit from that high, not actually get down again! Fun entry!

1 Like

right, build in plugin landscape generator.

2 Likes

Like a little Kerbal, lost in space :grimacing:

1 Like

I’d love to see an animation of the atmospheric re-entry jump.

3 Likes

This was fun :slight_smile: suggestions for making it better are always appreciated .

12 Likes

here’s mine.
Good luck all of you!

10 Likes

@Abdullah_Ahsan, you can vary the rock texture in a couple different ways, but what I found works best is mixing two similar rock shaders and using this three node mix setup into the Mix Shader Fac input:

I absolutely love your water and clouds though.

2 Likes

Sure, I will try this one also. Thanks for the advice :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

as high as I can imagine

8 Likes

Nice spaceman.
It is interesting to try to decide if space is altitude. Is there an ‘up’ in space. I guess it can be, everything is up from earth as a centre point. The medieval idea of where the earth was in the cosmos and everything went round it!

2 Likes

yep :grin:

It depends. If you are still under influence of earths gravity than there is up even if you don’t feel effects of gravity on your body. Its like ISS they are constantly falling but will never fall. If they reduce speed where is down will soon be clear. But generally up and down? Its just man made construct.

Here is my entry. View from outer orbit. Its about to be an interesting day on earth :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Facts …

The atmosphere ends at the Kármán line, it’s simply that at that altitude, it becomes too insignificant to support flights that rely on ‘air quality’.

Here’s a fun fact: you don’t have to fly beyond the Kármán line to officially be considered an ‘astronaut’; according to the US Air Force’s definition of an ‘astronaut’, all you have to do is fly more than 50 miles (80 km) above mean sea level to earn that title!

So passing this line, you are in outer space … no altitude …

2 Likes

Not sure if this is high enough, but kid got some altitude for sure.

10 Likes

Privacy & Terms