2021 Collab: Week 25 “Forest” - CLOSED

Good work. Especially I like ground.
Did you ever use randomise rotation / randomise position before? I reccomend you to use randomise rotation with your trees.

HI. This is amazing Aurora borealis you have done. Play of particles in nature and play in nodes in Blender. That is very creative. Hat off mate :+1:

1 Like

My entry this week. I call it forest on the ball. Bit of abstract thing. Another opportunity to practice volumetric and lighting.
Buu Huuuuu :cold_face:

10 Likes

Hehe. Good take on today reality :+1:

OK, I’m hooked! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’ve now been playing with the Sapling Generator add-on for a while, and it’s fun. I haven’t produced anything that really resembles a tree . . . yet . . . but I’ll be watching tutorials on YouTube for sure!! :wink:

3 Likes

You can reduce triangles by going into edit mode of the mesh that has a lot of tris, select all and use alt + j.
That is the shortcut for tris to quads. It can also be found under the Face menu in Edit mode. It’s so handy when working with landscapes, using A.N.T.Landscape add-on, as soon as you the Landscape Eroder it makes all the quads into triangles, but generates some really useful weight paint layers/vertex groups for shading. Alt + j or tris to quads is really handy for keep the mesh from becoming too dense.

1 Like

Thanks… I have converted the tree into image and used that in background. However I have used randomized option for grass.

2 Likes

You can reduce by making image of tree then put that image in background… and using few tree in front.

3 Likes

Thanks for amazing useful tips @Rao!

1 Like

Right, it’s so much easier on your computer. If you make one blend file with a few trees, set some lighting and render them out with a transparent background. Then just use that image as the texture image on planes for a particle system.

1 Like

10 Likes

Here is my submission. Participating again after a long break. Hope you all like this scene.

On our Blender journey we go from forest to meadow. But don’t forget, you have still one day to cut some wood and create a real forest!

Next week 26 challenge

Subject “ Meadow ”.

Note: If one of you in the list below, don’t want to receive a signal for the announcement of a new Blender collab subject. Give me a private message. And also send me a message if you want to be added. @FedPete

Signal: @Alex_Rusu @Ananda_Namaste @anfloy @Blest @billmih @Caleb_Kofoed @Cyndi @Digitz @Ethan_Martinez @elibyy @iamindieps @Jaco_Pretorius @JaneDoe @Josa_Booba @Kartik_Nair @Leon_V2 @Marijus @Martiine @Mateusz @Munsa @Navarshi_Mahanta @niladri_ghosh @NP5 @Orion_Dauter @Rao @Reginaldo_Junior @Seblecaribou @Sblendid @ShyDragon @Simone_Rossaini @Tanunen @Tetiana_Stasiv @TripleJ @WillyEckerslike @xMezzy @Yee @yo_johann

1 Like

Edit: I think it’s better without the mist actually.

This is based on some real life reference material I took on a trip recently. The last weekly challenge I tried to enter was interrupted by visiting the Adirondack region of New York - a really amazing forest. I took a picture by the side of a road into town and attempted to recreate the scene in blender. I used the method of planar trees in the background and geometric trees in the foreground. It still took up a lot of computing power, and the compositing took some brain power as well. Other textures and assets are just from what I have built up over my studies. I am really happy with how the road fit.

Cheers to all, happy to see lots of participation this week!

5 Likes

Voting entries week 25 “Forest” theme

We have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 26 “ Meadow has already started. The winner of this week’s “Forest” challenge may select a subject for week 27.

Good job all and good luck…
Hopefully I’ll be back for a few events when the football is over

1 Like

Really hard to pick one I like better than all the others, and these are all great. You all out did yourselves this week. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

thanks

Congratulations @yo_johann , It was a tough vote this week. So many excellent performed Blender scenes. But I must admit, you entry gives me a forest feel. I know, everybody has a different idea of a forest. But the diversity of trees, view (composition), water stream, blends in nicely. One minor point, the color of the water reflection doesn’t match the sky …

• FedPete - You didn’t want to make trees, maybe upgrade computer power …?
  • Aditya_Anumod - love your colors and scenery, try to lower the shininess. And morning-evening sun, is more yellow-orange …
  • Yavuz_Selim - a great scene, but the focus lies on the building and beautiful lighting. And the snow-covered trees (forest), then loses the main focus. ( I miss the motor tracks in the snow. And why park at that spot…)
  • Rao - I think more trees will make it a better forest. Try to get it less saturated (grayish). Also here the focus isn’t on the forest. But you are telling another visual story.
  • Digitz - such a wonderful material, northern light in the sky. It catches all the attention and leads the viewer away from the forest. I know, it’s difficult to kill your darlings. But maybe adding a small village with lights on the shore of the, could bring the attention to the subject …
  • Mateusz - Fun idea, but the eyes are too bright, I think. If you make it more mysterious, less bright it would help the good moonlight shimmering through the trees view.
  • niladri_ghosh - what a colorful scene. Lots and lots of details. But I miss trees as in a forest.

Have fun.

congrats @yo_johann

Privacy & Terms