2021 Collab: Week 07 “Underground” - CLOSED

There area always corners to cut… That’s the industry for you. Especially under pressure as always.
The important this is to deliver what’s in your head VS what you produce.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Yay! You made it! Good job!

… and looking good as well!

2 Likes

Thanks… the day I lost I would have spent on extra clutter like dirt, scratches, piping, cabling, lanterns, and piles of rocks. I’m terrible at estimating my time still.

4 Likes

Welcome to the club :sweat_smile: Each time we learn something new, also about time estimation - that’s important :slight_smile:

I was so busy working on my submission that I didn’t pay enough attention to other’s work. Now I’ve looked through them all again… And I can only say that I’m flabbergasted. The quality of submissions this week is phenomenal! And at first I didn’t think that ‘underground’ can be so productive and inspiring subject… Great job everybody! :partying_face:

4 Likes

I’ve been doing blender for a little over 1 year now. I had zero experience with anything 3D or artistic in any way.

3 Likes

The video is wonderful @bOBaN, I’m amazed at all of it, but especially the flames of the torches and such. I’ve never tried animating any kind of flame, but yours is so realistic, it stuns me how much of it is in the video, and so well done. :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m really liking the finishing touches. You’ve done a great job, especially the length of the train and station. Those aren’t easy to do, but you did them masterfully. :grinning:

4 Likes

I’ll definitely redo this scene, even for me this wasn’t the expected result. Waiting for my new mouse to be delivered… :yum:. And for sure I’m ready to learn more. Thanks.

4 Likes

Oh great, I’m also nearing one year. I started Blender all sudden, around June, I was looking to learn some new skills in the lockdown, and tried to get AutoCAD but couldn’t get the student’s license, immediately googled for some free 3D software. And Blender was the one with most reviews, what would I’ve done, downloaded it and enrolled for a course in Udemy. Eventhough there are so many free tutorials for beginners out there but this course does it in a special way, all the teachers; Michael Bridges, Grant Abbitt, Rick Davidson and the question bank Marc Carlyon, everyone makes sure to make the topic so easy, and it is an amazing course. :star_struck:
I see that you are completely new to art as well, I’m lucky in that case, I used to paint before Blender so, know some color related things, but yes new to 3D world.
Hope to see more from you in the upcoming challenges and other posts. :+1:

4 Likes

Depending on how you look at it, I’ve been at this for just over a year, or about a decade.
Time spent on Blender and time passed is not the same thing. Dabbled in Blender many years ago, but never made anything substantial with it. Joined this site in Sept 2017 for the 2.7 Complete Blender course and rushed through 80% of it in about a month period without posting anything then had to abandon the course because other life pressures kept me from it. Around August 2019 was when I altered my life arrangements to make time for Blender type stuff. I restarted the course as 2.8 content was coming out and I started posting at the same time.

3 Likes

Hope there is little more time left for the entries to close. Here are some screenshots of the issues with textures.

1. The textures are stretched, can’t understand why this is happening. The node setups are taken from a youtube tutorial.

2. Don’t know what’s the case here.

Is there something to correct this?

2 Likes

You seem to be stretching your UVs…
Install Node WranglerCtrl-T on the textures and try the generated or object texture coordinates instead. If that doesn’t work, you’ll have to scale the UVs in the UV editor for the offending faces.

1 Like

Voting entries week 07 “Underground” theme

We have a few days to vote. You can vote secretly underground but also think slowly about design, colours, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 08 “At the museum” is already started. The winner of this week “Underground” challenge may select a subject for week 09.

1 Like

Is node wrangler installed in Blender by default?

2 Likes

Yes, you just have to enable it in the Preferences.

3 Likes

Thank you @Jaco_Pretorius it worked perfectly. There was a lecture about the nodes if I’m right, my bad I forgot :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

Those are all great ideas, thank you! I am too late to add them to the contest but I will definitely add those things for the next rendering of this scene. It’s those little details that I miss at first.

2 Likes

This is Awesome…

1 Like

Some really great entries, a terribly tough choice week. Several would be winners easily in any other week.

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms