2021 Collab: Week 03 “Things on the Road” - CLOSED

16 Likes

Here is my submission. Hope you all like this.

12 Likes

Rules are only one entry!
You can show multiple versions etc. But we pick the last entry we see for the voting list.
Just to let you know.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the information

I had everything set up, but texture painting was a mess. I’m not ready for this project-wise speaking. I need brushes, but where to get them. Then I’ll use my own but how to manage them … Some downloadable things are in .PSD format, I can not open or see them (Blender supports it I know). I’m using 4K images, but my computer gets slow, difficult to draw. Had baked cavity maps etc. these slow down the material setup.

So I uploaded this version of a parking meter, fresh out of the box. Only basic illustration prints, made in Inkscape and Gimp. Currently busy with setting up my Brush Library and add-ons. Getting prepared for a next project and use this object for the material study.

Edit: Eevee render, some problems with shadows … A cycles version, look beter but problems with the glass setup from Eevee.

6 Likes

It’s nearly voting time, but we have already a next subject, created by @Reginaldo_Junior,
The winner of week 2 “Furniture”.

2 Likes

Uploading now in case of any problems on the way to final render. Seems that today Blender is trying to slow me down with crashes… Will edit this post with new images when ready.

As mentioned earlier, the diary and credits for some of the models (most notably - cars) are in this thread:

8 Likes

Don’t we have a few more hours? :slight_smile:

You are right,! Im always confussed by AM/PM …

I close the poll!!! restart it tomorrw.

1 Like

phew :sweat_smile: I am already tired with my scene, but I want to tweak it a bit :wink:

1 Like

Well there is a way to annoy an old man. lol I had been thinking I had till this evening to get something finished or at least rendered. lol You saved the day noticing bOban. Was Half way through cursing my stupidity for missing the time being am when I saw the ‘voting’ already on the thread listing. Render should be in before the hour is out. :relieved:

1 Like

Ok, final (:crossed_fingers: ) submission from me:

Special thanks to @FedPete nd @Jaco_Pretorius for being my art directors in this work!

Credits for some CC-BY models here: Things on the Road - Collab 2021W03 Diary

10 Likes

Ok recovered from heart attack and sneaking my entry in just in time.

Watch out for things on the road! :paw_prints:

Edit info, The circles are meant to be car headlights. Later I realised these days more rectangular lights or such shapes would be more usual. I had not the time to make a very basic car front. All the time went on the hedgehog! :smiley:

10 Likes

Oh my! That is awesome! <3

2 Likes

Voting entries week 03 “Things on the road”

We have a few days to vote. You can go for design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 04 “Medival age” is already started. The winner of this week “Things on the road” challenge may select a subject for week 05.

Subject week 03 “Things on the road”

0 voters

2 Likes

Every week it becomes more and more difficult to select one scene. The quality goes up and up, every time!

5 Likes

bOBaN, you are the winner of week 04 “Thing on, beside, next or far behind the roads”.
A beautiful dark scene and story.

To all other contestants, you did all a good job. Again a close call.

bOBaN will choose a new subject for week 05, the current one 04 “Medieval Age” is on the roll.

Stay safe, have fun and also take some time for your loved ones.
3D is fun, but …

2 Likes

Oh, I missed voting by an hour. :frowning: Unfortunately, I was knocked offline a couple of weeks ago with an old Modem that had to be replaced, but things got weird when trying to set up the new equipment.

Anyway, all of these entries are great, and now I’ll go check Week 4’s entries.

2 Likes

We missed you!

3 Likes

Awww thanks. :grinning:

Privacy & Terms