2021 Collab: Week 04 “Medieval age” - CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2021, week 4 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, to have fun, to learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Medieval age”.

• Subject suggested by Reginaldo_Junior, “we can have a lot of scenes, objects, maybe some castles, battleships and so on…”

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.

You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject.

Deadline: 2021-01-30T10:59:00Z

5 Likes

14 Likes

Nice touch with the gold ring detail :star_struck:

4 Likes

WIP Update: (Thanks for the extension Pete… Discovered how to cloth :partying_face:)

Archive

WIP Update: (Aaaaaarrrgh! CLOTH! Why you so difficult?)

WIP (basic block-out and proportions - Alphas and detailing next):

Chipping away on a Bosch monstrosity from “Temptation of St Anthony”… Anyone else working on anything?

10 Likes

Looks suitably Bosch-like and nightmare inducing. Great idea.

Doing a church and castle wall scene.

8 Likes

Great subject love those weird animals/things in Bosch. They could have created game monsters just as well as today. Nothing changes.

Looks ambitious Leon!
I am trying one window and it will take ages. lol.

4 Likes

Could definitely do with more time but the camera will be at a realistic eye level when rendering so I won’t have to model the whole town.

2 Likes

Awesome stuff already here! :heart:

RL is getting in the way and I haven’t even started :cold_sweat:. I still hope to submit something, but due to looming deadline it will be rather simple. As always - what to make is a problem. I started doing some research on swords… but this topic is deep :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Cool idea! I don’t have time these days. At all (

2 Likes

I’m working on something bloody, although I have no clue how to do blood yet :sweat_smile:
Hopefully I’ll be able to finish it in time, as I only heard about these challenges the other day from @bOBaN (TY)

7 Likes

Made a good start. Splatter some red spheres and misshapen ones about! :grin:

Halifax Gibbet or Maiden (guillotine)? Will let you sneak in a guillotine past my pedantry of the familiar French one not being invented until long after the medieval age as a humane means of execution! ‘Invented’ proposed in 1789. Maiden (guillotine) :grin:

1 Like

Clearly I didn’t spend enough time researching and jumped right to it. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m working on a wooden outpost

8 Likes

11 Likes

@Leon_V: Your arch-vis is getting very detailed. Looking forward to the final render. Edit: Looks like you beat me to the post… That already looks cool as a submission. :+1:

@bOBaN: Don’t force anything unless its going to help you deal with RL… burnout is real. :tired_face:

Hope all is well.

5 Likes

Thanks man, yeah due to time difference/sleeping patterns that’s pretty much it from me this week. Yours is looking awesome.

3 Likes

Ran out of time because clueless with cloth simulation and just ended up modeling the cloth… :cry:

… good luck everyone else!

6 Likes

Yeah, you are totally right. I was hoping for shorter work day on Friday, but around 7pm still at the office I finally gave up on the idea of making something for this collab :frowning:. My idea was to make a simple scene inspired by legends of King Arthur (Excalibur floating just above the lake, with a lady’s hand holding it).

2 Likes

Very nice model indeed Jaco, I hope you finish it off at your leisure.

Had not even realised this ended this am. My entry is so far away from useable another week would not likely finish it. Often my failing. I do not do simple by instinct.

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms