Z Fighting Issue

Godot 4 C# Action Adventure: Build your own 2.5D RPG

Designing a level.

Hi I noticed even in your video that there is some serious z fighting between the stairs and the other objects. I was just wondering if there is a way to fix this? It is very distracting to me, even more so in the editor.

I can’t really help directly as I haven’t done this, but I’ve seen some other posts about stairs being misaligned with the default grid, which would certainly be one cause of severe z-fighting. This is one of them:

You might also want to have a look at this, which has more/additional details:

I think it does get fixed at some point either way; I downloaded the full project to check something and I didn’t notice anything there.

I think this is something that got overlooked during the initial level design but the solution is just to very slightly reposition things like the stairs and the walls.
Below is an image where i quickly have moved my stairs to limit the z fighting there but you can still see the floor grid fighting through the walls as you would go up the stairs.

As this is not a course on level design itself it wasnt covered here but that would be the solution on how to solve it as like in most other game engines.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms