Problem with Stairs

I’m running into an issue trying to use the stairs to make a second floor.

Trying to add them to the WallGridMap creates a gap between the stair and the opening for the second floor. (right side of screenshot)

Trying to create a new ObjectGridMap (which I created on my own) at the same 4x2x1 cell size settings of the WallGrid creates some ugly overlap. Using Cell Size 2x2x2, like the FloorGrid prevents them from lining up. (left)

So! While I was typing this out I figured out my own solution! I’m still going to post this in order to help any future students taking the course.

My solution was to change the ObjectGridMap to use Cell Size 4x2x2. You can see in this screenshot that it lines up perfectly with the doorway on the second floor! I’m going to rename the Grid to be StairGrid, just in case some objects in the future need a different Cell Size to look good.

3 Likes

Thanks for this! I’m sure the other students will find this very useful should they go down this path as well!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms