Why will YOU persevere with this course?

Same way I’ve kicked addiction to opiates, cocaine, and cigarettes - sheer force of will.

1 Like

Howdy all!
I’m taking the course to learn C++ and to help develop my coding troubleshooting skills to support with my computer science degree. I’d like to create an RPG, Hack and Slash or Stealth game (or all three if I can manage it!), although I accept that this will take me a while to do. If anyone has any advice etc please let me know!

2 Likes

This course thought me Game development and design.
Considering that I had the background from my Master’s studies on Artificial Intelligence for Emotion Recognition, I thought of combining these two disciplines in a way.
This is one of the products of what I learned from this course :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Human Emotions as input for Video Games - An implemented revolutionary idea

1 Like

I will be learning how to code my own games for the first time from this course and i am hoping to develop my own Open world RPG following the same.

1 Like

I’ve done a bit of programming before, but never enjoyed it much. I’m taking this course because I believe that C++ coupled with a fun objective is the a perfect combination to learn the language and develop creativity. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Hey all,
I just really how that this course will force me to make games. I enjoy making games but I can seem to find time to make them so this is my answer.

1 Like

Using this course as a refresher for unreal and once I complete this one I will work on the multiplayer course.

Back when I got my degree our 3d level design course was done in UDK. Want to refresh and get up to speed with UE4 editor and C++.

I am a life learner and believe that especially in our line of work we have to keep up with the new tech. I have used several engines over the past several years and am looking to use UE4 for an upcoming project.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I am a junior level undergraduate student in Computer Science and i wanted to use my skills on a more practical environment other than basic c++ console. Also i want to develop my own open world RPG game :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all :slight_smile:
I always wanted to become a game developer, started working in 3d design, then tried to work with UE4 and Blueprints, and now I’m here, learning C++ with a desire to make something great

1 Like

Hi everyone :smiley:
I started using unreal engine back in the unreal tournament 99 days, made a few maps and mods to play with my friends and I was amazed at how much cool stuff I could do on my computer back then., Since then time passed and I gave up on working on games for a living. But today I have more free time and with new tools and great online resources like this course I can’t wait to get into it again !
I’d like to make my own rts and work on IA, it’s a genre I always loved and I have a ton of ideas I’d like to try out.
If it gets hard I’ll just power through, I believe that by succeeding in hard tasks you create your own goals and motivation.
Good luck to you all and keep going !

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile:

I decided to buy this course because I would like to change my job into game devevloper :stuck_out_tongue:
I currently don’t have any specific idea what kind of game I hope to build after completing this course (maybe some cRPG?) and I hope I came with an idea during this course
My way to get through tough times will be thinking about pleased work as game developer which maybe I become thanks to its course :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey Everybody!

I am taking this course for a couple of reasons. I’ve seen other courses available online, but some were teaching how to program in C#, not C++ and they were using Unity, which is a perfectly great engine, but I really want to learn specifically Unreal Engine. Also college bachelor degrees I have seen normally cover one of three different areas. One degree is for coding and AI, maybe one degree for art, and one degree for game mechanics, and each bachelors degree, although condensed, will cost a lot of money and take 12-20 months for EACH section. This course is exciting to me because I get the change to learn a little of everything in a way that I can start coding my own games immedliately.

To tell you a little bit about myself and how I got to this point. I’m 35 years old and live in Wisconsin, USA. In middle school I learned the BASIC language on an Apple II. In high school, I started off writing programs on TI-83 and TI-89 Calculators for other students to make math tests a little easier for them, by baking in the equations to all of their math problems into the program. Unfortunately, the teacher started wiping everyone’s calculators before each test because of my work.

I also started to mess around with programming games and screen savers just to see how different equations would make different types of patterns on the screen, and did some marquee screen savers, with whatever string the user entered into text that would scroll across their screens. All fun stuff, but still rather basic.

I had many unfortunate events happen to me between high school, and shortly after that which took me off the rails of my dreams and aspirations. I was unable to attend 4 year university, and 5 years after got married. Since then I’ve taken odd jobs and blue collar work, which by itself for some is great; However, I was missing out on what originally captured my imagination and passion. Wanting to create my own games, and coding.

I’m here to better myself so that I may grow into a coder and game developer, so that I can take what is in my imagination, and finally make something with it, that other people will be able to experience around the world.

I’m excited to take this next step and I won’t give up until I’ve reached the pinnacle of what I am able to create. I would just like to thank the wonderful people from over the pond for creating this course. Without you, it’s possible that my dream would be that much harder to attain, if attained indeed, at all.

Rob

3 Likes

I want to perservere in this course so that I can get a fundamental understanding of Unreal engines codebase

I purchased this course because courses in other fields such as C# and unity habe already provided a wealth of basic knowledge, which I want to expand upon.

My short background is in Sound for games, but Programs like FMOD don’t have a lot of trigger options to instantiate sounds, the way something like Wwise does. I would like to be able to code for the purpose of instantiating those sounds when I can’t from limmited options in Middleware integrations

Currently my short term goal with this is to be able to code and develop a 3D, Fantasy themed, Real Time strategy game, based off of a story idea I had a few years ago.

My long term goal is to get into developing Augmented reality/ Virtual Reality. I first want to be able to code to develop a horror First person puzzle/shooter game, and to develop adaptive sound, perhaps for something like the upcoming Oculus Quest. I then want to be able to develop and code for VR/AR experiences. My background is in Opera performance, and so I would eventually like to develop an Augmented reality experience which would be queued during something like a live performance, where 3D scenery can be mapped out in a theater for folks to recieve a more visual and intimate experience when attending an opera.

2 Likes

I want to persevere in this course to learn the skills to create new programs or to develop a new skill for any future jobs. If I’m struggling with the course I plan to use the resources available here and just my own skills to find a solution to my problems. I’ve already had a hard time learning this language because of different teaching styles so I’m also hoping a fresh new perspective will help me through hard times as well.

3 Likes

I’m new to the whole of programming and I want to cover my basics in every aspect. As well as I always wanted to help create a fantasy world that many can play for ages.

1 Like

Hello!

I am working on building environments for Virtual Learning! Including experiential VR Learning. I am extremely passionate about this subject and believe this is the Future of knowledge transfer. I have experience in coding C++ and 3d rendering software. I will be asking a lot of questions, because thats just what I do, but I hope to help other people too!
Thanks,
Stephen

1 Like

Hello,
I’m hoping to broaden my knowledge of UE4 to build a portfolio in a field I find interesting.
I bought this course because it had good reviews and seems very thorough.
Hoping to create whatever pops in my head, used to have a lot of fun in the Warcraft 3 map editor, so having a similar skill set in something less dated would be nice.
I know its not going to be easy but I’m hoping to just take it 1 step at a time and do my best to learn the material.

1 Like
  1. I hope to create a game that meets my level of standard and can be enjoyed by a few friends.
  2. I bought to course to help motivate me to work on learning UE4. It can be hard to motivate myself when there isn’t something I can actively work on and see my progess.
  3. I hope to learn UE4 to a certain level that I can confidently work inside the engine.
  4. Actively seeing progress is going to keep me going, knowing that I am progressing towards my goal.
1 Like

I want to learn unreal and have a better understanding of c++. I took a c++ class in college but I still do not understand some of the basics. I am hoping this course will help understand the basics of c++ and learn unreal. I am hoping to find a job in C++ or game development. In the future, I want to get into VR job more on the educational side. What will get me through the tough times is the end goal in mind of getting that dream job using this as a stepping stone.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I am taking this course for fun. I love my career as a clinical lab scientist, but I love gaming as much.
My goal out of this course is to be able to make a simple game for everyone to have fun with. Producing something that the world can enjoy is one of the things to do in my bucket list.

I have been taking several blender courses recently and I enjoy it very-very much.
Tbh, I have zero knowledge in programming and I am 100% sure that I will struggle.

Irl, I have good organizational skill and I can deal with stress and challenge well. When I go through tough times, I take a break for a day or two and try to come back with a fresh mind. True story, once I was already exhausted from a long day and tried to fix something in blender all night long to no avail. I decided to leave it. The next day I was able to think of something simple to fix the problem that somehow I couldn’t think of the night before.

With that being said, I hope everyone here will achieve their goal. Cheers!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms