Why will YOU persevere with this course?

2_is_uc2

I’d love to hear your reasons for persevering with the course? What do you hope to create? How are you going to get through tough times?

I want to learn the necessary skills to create a portfolio using UE4 and C++ to apply for jobs :slight_smile:
If things get tough I try to take a break following the course and try to udnerstand the parts where I struggle. Mostly happens since I am not too familiar with having a bigger component structure or physics (I am decent at math, especially 3D geometry and always shocked how little I know when it comes to physics)

Hi all,
I’m hoping to understand how to use c++ and unreal to create a simple game for myself.
Using this community to help me when I get stuck with unreal as I am new to the unreal world. I’m hoping unreal will solve lots of problem that I find hard ie physics, geometry and collisions

I always wanted to learn C++ .

I will make a cover-shooter/RPG. It’s going to be a commercial game.

I might not have the best advice for tough times, I simply never stop.
But taking a break is the best help. Letting the brain rest getting enough sleep etc.
This is something I had to learn the hard way. Now I make time to rest and I still have to remind myself that it’s necessary.

Hi all :wave:

I’m taking this course to expand my “knowledge portfolio” into something I don’t have day-to-day experience in. I’m hoping to learn basic game development skills and pickup some best practices for game design and Unreal development. I don’t have any expectations on what I’ll be create but hopefully it’ll be in an 8 bit style and cool :sweat_smile:

When it times get tough and I feel like slacking off or I’m sick of working on something, I’ll usually take a break and watch devlog videos to see what others are making. That usually inspires me enough to say “I want to build cool stuff too!”

It’s my dream to be a Game Designer and work with the best developers in the industry! I’m sticking with this course because my goal for this whole year is to focus on mastering unreal and C++. I really want to beat on my craft and get good at solving problems in C++ and moving through the interface of Unreal like a pro. I have a schedule and deadline for what I need to achieve before I move to California in October of this year (2019). I will keep pushing through so I can live my dreams and so what I love.

I hope to create my first game using Unreal!

I’m hoping to take the skills I learn here and transition from 3D artist to tech artist. They do cool stuff and always seem to be in demand everywhere.

You got this Zachary!