Why will YOU persevere with this course?

Me too! but not javascript!

1 Like

I’m studying Computer Science and I was deep into Web Dev JavaScript, React / Redux. But I always wanted to create a video game and having an specialization programming really good with C++ and doing things with Unreal or Unity is great for future Jobs. So my main motivation is to improve and keep going. Plus I’m from Venezuela and things are really bad in my country and I really need to keep going to have a better life.

3 Likes

I decided to buy this course because I wanted to become well informed on programming and game development before I begin college. Hopefully I can take whatever skills I learn from this course, and apply it in the real world. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am fascinated with coding and the possibilities it brings. I hope to be able to create my own games using c++. I am doing this because I want to so I have no pressure to fail or succeed which I think will help me tackle the tough times with the best attitude.

1 Like

I completed the original course up to the end of BattleTank and I figured I’d follow along with the remaster and try to help others along the way (as well as it being a refresher for myself!). I’m a full time developer currently working on a UE4 based project as it is, but even though I’m in the engine every day I still find it helpful to practice the basics and revisit concepts/features that I haven’t touched in a while.

1 Like

I bought this course to see if I want to make the switch from Unity to Unreal since Unreal uses C++. I’m taking a C++ course and for my final project I have to write a game, which I started in Unity with C#. I feel like I have to start learning it from scratch and I’m not sure what I’m doing, so I’m hoping it’ll be an easier transition to make the game with Unreal. I only have a couple weeks until it’s due so I may simplify it a lot, but I want to see what Unreal is all about whether I use it or not. I also REALLY like C++ and I"m taking an even more advanced course next semester, so I’d like to write in it as much as possible.

Hi Kevin! I’ve started with p5js and I think JS, in general, is a great choice to start. There are a lot of libraries and frameworks to do almost everything, from machine learning (Tensorflow.js) to video games (Phaser).
…now it’s time for some C++

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,

I’ve decided to start this course because I’ve working in an industry that feels like is pulling the life out of me for too long now, and I have to reinvent myself. I believe it is never too late to start over in anything in life and learning C++ and how Unreal Engine works it is my “way out”, plus Unreal Engine it is not only used to create games it can be used in different industry like construction, film, etc… I’m looking forward to get started.

1 Like

I’ve persevered (since I completed v1.0 before the remaster started) and will persevere again with the remaster because I want to master my programming and game development skills.

The ultimate goal is to make my own studio where I can build the games I want and essentially work for myself. But before reaching that goal, I want to continuing growing my career as a game programmer.

Hey Ang! I just went straight into C++. I am working on becoming more comfortable with C++. I need a lot of work!

1 Like

I want to take the course because I liked to program a lot, I’ve only done basic programs in C but I’m still very much programming and I think there is no better way to express my ideas than to make a video game where everything is limited to the imagination of oneself

1 Like

I’m looking to gain new skills to make myself marketable in a new career. In addition I’m trying to improve upon my grit by pushing through what can be a very difficult subject to learn. This is both to better myself and my prospects. I will get through tough times by trying to take a step back from the problem. Then if needed use mindfulness and emotional wellness tools to either calm myself or be able to break down the situation logically instead of letting things get out of hand. It never hurts to take a break, not taking breaks is what can cause burnout.

I would like to create games to promote emotional wellness for a range of ages. Something that is fun, engaging, creative, and educational.

This is something I’m passionate about. While I am willing to put the work in, I want to enjoy the process and remember that the end goal is the reward. No problem is too big if you break it down into small pieces to work through. It’s easy to get overwhelmed. It’s hard to work through situations with equanimity.

I bought this course because I had not yet started confusing myself with the question of whether I should first start learning Unreal or Unity. I bought this course because I love 3D graphics and want to tell stories through games and videos. I want to take the player on a journey, to focus on storytelling and experience, rather than logic or dexterity. I want to build characters that facilitate interesting relationships and environments that inspire adventure. I don’t yet know whether this is possible. I’ll know I can keep going when I understanding that ultimately it will be.

1 Like

Making video games and coding is something I have always wanted to do. Having had the pleasure of spending a small amount of time with a game company cemented my desire to make this one of the main method of how I create art.

I own a company on paper and now it is time to create something more solid.

1 Like

I hope to create interesting game worlds to traverse and interact with. I want to create first and third person games with interesting stories and polished gameplay. I have found with other tutorials that taking short breaks and coming back to the material and rewatching sections helps keep forward momentum. My girlfriend is also really supportive and helps push me to achieve my goals as well.

1 Like

I play games almost everyday and i want make help improve the games and community. I hope to express my art from what i learn .

1 Like

I am trying to boost my skills and change career, I already know how to 3D model, I know how to use unreal and its BP system, so i want to expand this knowledge with the use of C++ in UE

1 Like

Hello!
I want to make my first video game so I need this course to make it possible.

1 Like

Hello Ben and all!

My name is John Avelino, I am sticking with this course because I believe it will further my knowledge in learning how to code in C++ so I can completely retrain myself to learn an entirely new skill and pursue my dreams of making games in the unreal engine environment.

Ty!

1 Like

Hi everybody,

My name is David, i am a second year student towards computer science. I have already learn some c++ basics in class, but i want to strengthen my knowledge in the language and also learn to use unreal engine.
Since i was a child my dream was to create videogames, but just at the age of 27 i found the opportunity.

I hope to learn how to make some nice games :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms