Why will YOU persevere with this course?

I will persevere with this course because I want to have the skills to create games that my peers can enjoy. I have always been fascinated with games and have a passion for playing them. I believe that this course, apart from teaching me how to create games, will allow me to understand the process behind the industry.

1 Like

I want to persevere through this course to become one of the greatest game developers that has ever lived. I also want to accumulate as much knowledge humanly possible, and help the game development team I’m currently in finish an artistic and stylish product.

When the storms come, I will rely on the Bible and the Holy Trinity to help me overcome any obstacle the world might set in my path. Even when I do fail or give up it’s never going to prevent me from getting back up again.

2 Likes

I want to learn and excel in this course because, making video games has been a dream since I was a child. After a lot of hiccups I have found a great instructor who can teach me problem solving and create amazing games using the Unreal Engine and C++ . This is the reason why I will persevere with this course.

1 Like

Never give up!

Well, my dream is to obtain a job in Kunos, the Sh behind Assetto Corsa. I love cars, I love videogames and I love C++.
More realistic (or in any case, first step after finish this course) is starting to develop some easy videogame and make experience as programmer. I love work on pure code, I did a battleship game in C (not C++, only C) and I recreated minesweeper (even in C. If you are interested, I should have that project in some part of my backup). Now I want to do a step ahead and start making a true 3d videogame

Even since I was a kid, I dreamt stories I wanted to share with everyone. Stories of love, passion and friendship. And since I’ve got into my Uni (Warsaw University of Technology) I became passionate about programming.
So what’s my dream? To tell the stories I’ve got in my head. And to make video games out of them (which I love to play!) would be a rewarding experience.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi all,
I would like to move out of software testing so primarily I am taking this course as a hobby with the potential of moving into software \ game development with additional training courses.

Motivation is the biggest obstacle to overcome. With My love of gaming and this forums help and support I will hopefully achieve my goals.

Thanks

Hello everyone.
I bought this course with hopes to be able to learn the basics in UE and build a solid foundation of understanding, not just in UE but of game dev itself. I do have some experience in game dev but I also want a solid well thought out path of learning. I’m not very interested in working for companies but I do want to be able to create my own games.

I see myself as a lifelong learner and everything I want to learn nowadays I go through with from start to finish. The reason for that and the reason I will be able to get through tough times is because I hate the feeling of learning something I really want to do and then dropping it for whatever reason, then forward a couple of years later and realize there’s was a chance I could’ve reached whatever goal I had by that time if I just kept going after it.

I have some skills that might help me with this course:

• A few years in web development, coding in languages like JavaScript and PHP as well as some C#.
  • Some knowledge and experience in C++.
  • A couple of basic courses here and there for game development, for both unity and unreal engine but nothing as big as this course.
1 Like

I want to work in the game industry, also, i want to use the knowledge in programming in combination to psychology so i can lower the price and time in some research topics. So i would love to create my own games and research task . About the tough times, i can deal with them, is not an easy task, but it has to be done.

I don’t have specific goals or hopes when I bought this course, it’s actually just for fun, maybe I will find them as I go along.

I learned both C++ and Unreal Engine before, but I think I am not very good at them.

As to the reason why I would go on, it’s because I want to make games from the age of 10, but I don’t really have the chance or opportunities to do so. Now I find the resources like Udemy and this community, I will stick with it.

Hey all. I enrolled in this course as I want to learn how to program in a videogame environment. This is because videogame design has always been a passion of mine and I would like to learn as many applicable skills as possible.

My intended application of this course is to be able to work on prototype/demonstration versions the various game ideas I have been working on over the years and hopefully turn some of them into actual products for people to enjoy. Of key interest to me at the moment is a melee-focused fantasy RPG combining elements of Darkest Dungeon and Bloodborne.

If I find myself hitting barriers I will research whatever steps I need to take to get around the issue in question, if the issue is my own lack of motivation or interest then I will take a step back and see if another aspect of the project can be worked on instead.

I’ve always loved video games and it has fascinated me as a kid. I have always wanted to get behind the scenes of creating video games. I want to be able to create solo indie game projects by myself. I want to have the ability and intelligence to develop video games to create my own and be able to work for a company in the future. My passion is for music and video games, when things get tough I usually look at other people’s works and get motivated from that.

My main interest is understanding Unreal, which I know is a never ending quest, so that I can help students through gamification education and project based learning. I also have a deep interest in film and Unreal looks to be a good playground for stories.

1 Like

I have what I think is a great idea for a game, but I need to develop the coding skills for it. Unreal and C++ are going to be my tools of choice, so even if I never end up making the game I have in mind, I’ll still learn some valuable and useful things and have some fun along the way.

2 Likes

Hello -

I am a programmer for High End Audio/Video Systems. Been doing this for 16years. I know there are better programmers out there than me, and I want to learn the skills and the tricks to be one of those. I also love playing video games. I have a 15yr old son who is struggling in school and I don’t know how to get through to him. So i figured if I signed up for a class and he saw me working hard at something that I am passionate about, maybe I can get him to buckle down and be passionate about something also. Plus, I have always wanted to learn C++, so thats a bonus :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve always been a bit of a gamer, and being built on Unreal seems to be the gold standard. I recently played some VR games and had an amazing experience! It is something I want to be a part of, so I decided to start learning about Unreal.

I hope to create beautiful worlds and VR music videos.

I’m going to get through the tough times here exactly like I do in work. I Google everything until I figure it out.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

At the moment I’m attending online college for Web and Interactivity. This is my last semester before working towards my bachelors and since I have a little free time I wanted to learn more about the process of creating video games. I don’t have anything in mind in terms of what I want to create but I want to understand how C++ connects to animation.

When I run into hard times it usually means I don’t understand something and I have to identify what that is and slow down. If that doesn’t work I hope the community here will help.

1 Like

I’ve been in IT for… Ugh… 29 years now… Working in Banking and Retail industries the entire time. Mostly COBOL. Boring… Gaming has always been a passion of mine going back to the beginning of gaming. Anyone here remember text based games like Zork? Anyway, I’m tired of the typical Corporate America positions I’ve had my whole career. I’m always learning and growing. And now I want to learn and work on something I’ll actually enjoy.

2 Likes

Holy goodness! Zork! I’m probably not actually even from the same age bracket as you probably, but I can tell you that when I was 14 years old I had an old monochromatic monitor and IBM computer with QBASIC on it in my fathers basement that I used to write text adventures on. I reminisce about those days now. I have done a lot of searching in my life for what I wanted to do, and I think I have found that path now, but I just wanted to let you know , I DO remember Zork! And if you are passionate about something, then nothing is going to stop you from doing what you love to do. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hello people,
I’m here to learn C++ and create some cool stuff using Unreal. I’m currently interested in Javascript, Game Dev, VR and Artificial Intelligence. Looking for a job in the industry.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms