Welcome to the Unreal Engine Developer

Hi my name’s Iftekhar Uddin and I’m glad to see that there are still people posting on here in 2018!

I’m a 22 year old University Student from North Carolina, United States learning Unreal because I want to eventually work in the gaming industry.

1 Like

Hi, my name is Alex and I’m alc… I mean developer. I’ve been a dev for over 10 years now (over 15 if you count studying and early school projects). I’m working in the business development, but I’ve been always fascinated about gamedev (like making my maps for shooters or adding headshot mechanics to the open-sourced Quake 2 engine, or playing with Direct3D and OpenGL) and have even worked as a AC3 Flash games developer and designer for almost a year. But to be honest I don’t know much about proper game development with an engine and 3D graphics. I’ve started as a C++ developer, but I’ve switched to C# long-long time ago, so now I hardly remember advanced C++ techniques and I’m completely oblivious to all the advancements in C++ dev in VS that were made since the MFC days.
I’m quite excited about this course both for letting me remember C++ and for letting me potentially realize some of my long time awaited dreams and ideas.

1 Like

Hi, Lars. Are you in Hordaland?

1 Like

Hello. I have just finished section 1 and am going onward. I probably will be going slow because I am also starting a graduate program in Computer Science in a few days as well as teaching a course . . . so I will be inching along.

1 Like

Hey,
My name is Hunter, and I’m from the United States, and more specifically, Florida.

I wanted to create my own games since I was really young. Now, with this course, I can finally use those sparks of creativity I had. :smiley:

This creativity drove me to take a high school class on an animation software called Maya not too long ago, so I have somewhat of an experience with engines like Unreal.

My ultimate goal after this class is to create a business out of coding like this. Even if it is a small team of people running games, it will be worth it.

I hope anyone else taking this class gets the most out of it as well!

1 Like

Hey,
My name is Renato, I’m a mechanical Engineering student with 22 years old and i’m from Brazil.

I have an idea of a unique kind of game that i never saw before and i want to develop it, so i started the course to help me. Maybe I’ll need a lot of help to work on my game, so if you want to talk with me about it, please add me on discord or send me an email… Thank you

mrjunato#3217
mrjunato@gmail.com

2 Likes

I am so bummed out that when I was 12 I could not even dream about even a slightest possibility of me getting a PC but nonetheless I am here learning how to make games many years later in between my day job and I love seeing you all here guys

1 Like

Hey Team! My name is Matt and I’m from New Zealand. I’m really wanting to take my passion for games and turn it into a lifelong career :slight_smile: nice to meet you all!

2 Likes

Hey!
My name is Adam! I’m pretty excited to see where this C++ stuff can take me!
40 hours of training! HERE I COME!

Hello there everyone!

I’m a Narrative Designer from the Netherlands, who’s finished up her bachelor’s degree in Game Design a year back. I’m skilled in Level Design which allows me to tie-in narrative with gameplay in my projects. I have a remarkable skill of seeing things from different perspectives and have always had a bit of a thing for maths (I really should have learned programming from the start), so I’ve noticed that scripting has been very pleasing to learn so far. I’m hoping it will be fun to learn some programming as well.

I’ve been working on an indie (love) project over the past five years and it’s seen a lot of different dev teams by now. Unfortunately we are left with just two people; myself and a 3D Artist. The game is still unfinished (mostly due to the large scope of the narrative and ever-changing art style) and we’ve been working hard on finishing it the past year, but neither of us have the necessary experience to finalise the technical side of things. I have prior experience scripting in C# in Unity3D, Python and Python Script in the Creation Kit, and Blueprint in Unreal Engine 4. I’m already very familiar with UE4, seeing as the project I’m working on is being developed in there.

I’m following the courses in the hope of learning some C++ to allow me to polish the project better than what I can accomplish with BP (I’ve never been a big fan of the lack of control in visual scripting). All in all, I think I can get a good amount of new knowledge and skills out of these courses and getting properly back into a programming head-space will allow me to (hopefully) make some great things happen again!

-Kimberly

3 Likes

Hi,
My name is Divyesh , I’m 18 . I’m from Bangalore,India .
I’m starting my Information science Engineering graduate program
I used to play a lot games during my school days but now I like to develop them myself.
I hope we’ll enjoy the course

1 Like

Hello There,
my name is Nathaniel Campbell, i am 21 years old from Newcastle-upon-Tyne in the UK
I’m a former computer science student looking to improve my c++ and game developer knowledge so i can go out and get my own experience.

1 Like

Hello I am Chad, and I am from Colorado Springs and my interest are in game programming and design.

Hey There!
I am Cristina from Italy. Learning to code now and very excited about it. I would like to experiment with VR and Oculus :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello,
I am Mickael. I am 28 years old and I am from Paris.
I am looking to learn how to develop video games to be able to create my own video games one day.

1 Like

Hi!

I’m David but I’m usually Silver on the internet. I’m a 21 years old Spanish guy who’s also studying a software engineering degree. My dream is to participate in the making of a GOTY. I know, a pretty big dream right? Well, only time will tell if I’m able to pull it off!!

1 Like

Hello.

I’m Bjorn, from Gothenburg, Sweden. Programming in Java EE but want to broaden the horizon by learning a new language. Played some games in the past, big fan of good RPG games, so mainly going to focus on learning doing them.

Hello

I’m Rian from Indonesia been studying software engineering and got my degree about 2 months ago, want to start developing some games, i hope this course can help me to start

Greetings all!

I am Ignacio Baldini, you may call me Nacho, like the mexican food -somehow that’s the short version for my name!-

I hail from Mendoza Argentina. and I am a founder and gamedev from Bacus Studios. I have zero background in programming and I figred out that having a go at Unreal would be an amazing experience, specially since Unreal it’s the best Engine at the moment.

I bid everyone a good day, and enjoy!

Welcome, and thanks for saying hi

1 Like

Privacy & Terms