Welcome to the Unity Section 1 sub-forum

Hey,
I am Drishti and I’ve been learning Unity for a month now. And now i have enrolled in this course to learn a lot more which can improve my skills further.
I am glad to be a part of this community.

1 Like

Hi!
My name is Víctor and i’m a 17 years old gamer who wants to create his own video games <3
Also, i have a YT channel about WoW and other gaming stuff! :slight_smile:
Greetings from México. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello I’m Dan from Somerset UK, I purchased this course a while back and look forward to getting started, learning this amazing subject. I’m definitely a beginner, but hope to use my creative side to make something interesting :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello all :slight_smile:

My name is Madison and I am a student at Berklee College of Music studying video game scoring! I’m taking this course so I can better understand the game developers that I will hopefully be working with in the future. Can’t wait to learn with you all!

3 Likes

Hi there!

Starting a new journey today <3

1 Like

Greetings y’all. I’m Stephen.

I studied game dev in college, roughly 5 years ago. I was really intimidated by programming at the time and while I learned a lot about animation and design, I didn’t dig deep into development. The result was not being able to build a lot of my designs that I made and eventually I stopped focusing on game dev altogether.

Fast forward a few years and I have somehow, ironically considering my feelings during college, managed to become a professional programmer. I’m currently unemployed and looking for work, but the last few jobs I’ve had haven’t been exciting for me. So I figured, I’ve got the time to study and I don’t need to worry about money for the time being, why not jump back into something I care deeply about?

So here I am! Starting my game dev journey all over again. I look forward to working with y’all to learn how to make video games.

1 Like

Hey, my name is Matteo, I’m from Italy and I’m studying Game Design at Digital Bros Game Academy. I would like to learn some development tools like Unity, Unreal ecc… If anyone are looking for Developers to make Games, please contact me. :slight_smile: mgo.cr7@gmail.com

1 Like

Hi I’m Samuel from California!

There’s not much more to say about me. I am a incoming high school freshman, whose always had a great interest in game design. After learning that I wouldn’t be able to learn anything even close to game design from my high school until my junior year, I decided to enroll in this program so I wouldn’t have to wait.

Game design has always been something that intrigues me. I can’t really say its a passion of mine, since I’ve never really had the opportunity to do it. I hope this grants me that oppurtunity.

There really isn’t a specific genre of games I like, although as more time passes I find myself playing more of dark souls. It’s pretty addicting. The only real thing I can say is that for whatever reason I always hate 2-D RPG’s like shovel knight.

Nice to meet everyone!

1 Like

Welcome aboard everyone, hope you all have a great time studying and making some cool games, look forward to seeing what you all come up with , and have fun doing it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all, my name is Walter, from Argentina. I enrolled to learn how to developed and code small games, no coding background, just a regular gamer. Just finished Section 1.

1 Like

Hello, my name is Ryan and I am from Adelaide, Australia.

I;m a complete code newb and an active gamer who would like to learn the mechanics behind them.
Seems like a great community here, hopefully we can learn from each other!

1 Like

Hello everyone,

My name is Dorian. I’m from Vancouver, B.C., Canada. I’m 37 and considered myself as a latecomer at this. Currently, I’m working towards a career change in the game industry as either a sound designer or a VR developer; and this is the biggest reason why I take this course. I tried learning programming online on my own numerous times with no success. Scripting (or programming in general) has always been my weakest link, hopefully this course will change that. :smile:

I I’ve background in sound design and basic working knowledge with Unity (minus scripting lol). I’m also a gamer but due to other life commitments I hardly play anything these days.

This looks like an awesome community! Have fun and I look forward learning with you all. :v:

1 Like

Hello World,

My name is Ali, I have a background in CS but i havent been programming the last couple of years. Looking to get back to programming and progress to the unity certification from there onwards. The pathway ahead is AR etc applications, working with Gear, Cardboard etc.

Blockquote lets see how fast i can apply the concepts i have understoo d from this course

Cheers,
Happy Learning

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m Alejandro, a 20 year old venezuelan graphic designer. I’ve been learning all the skills required to game development for the last 3 years, and I hope this course will get me one step closer to my goal of making the games I have always dreamt of since I was a child :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello my name is José, I’m 23 years old and I just graduate from Systems Engineering to work as a Videogame Developer, I really want to make my own games and turn them into great experiences. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey Everyone, Ruben here. I just recently dived into this whole video game eco system. Which I’m fairly new to. But I do know I want to work in the video game industry. I have so many ideas and plans.

1 Like

Hello guys, my name is Evandro, I’m Brazilian and about my age, I’m 20 years old. The reason why I choose Game Development is because I guess games is the best way to influence people and maybe teach them something new in every adventure that Game Designers made.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Rich Gautier - I started this course a few years ago and stopped at Section 3 due to time. I’m going to restart it and wanted to say hello. I live near Washington, DC. Also, I’ve just bought a VR headset - so I hope to use this tool to make some VR-compatible content in the future.

1 Like

Hi – nice to meet anyone – I’m Ben from Toronto, Canada. Any other Torontonians going through this course? Currently interested in understanding more intimately the differences between Unity and Unreal. Interested in multi-player networking and new distributed networking systems like Spatial OS and GameLift.

1 Like

Hello,

My name is John, and I am a 17 year old aspiring game developer/designer from Pennsylvania. I have pretty much no programming experience (besides doing some stuff on Garry’s Mod). I write in my free time and constantly look for new ways to challenge myself. I am looking to use the skills I learn from this course to start on personal projects while also being able to build my knowledge to prepare for college. I am excited to get started with this course. My favorite kind of video games are those that are strong in story, character, and world design.

My dream is to be able to create just one solo indie game to be released on Steam. I have been working on a concept for a while, but I have no programming skills which is why I decided to purchase this course. Afterwards, I can decide whether I want to stay indie or join a larger company. I would also love to learn and share ideas with the community here as we all learn more.

Anyways, it’s a pleasure to meet ya’ll !

1 Like

Privacy & Terms