Welcome to the Unity Section 1 sub-forum

Hey there, my name is Loren. I graduated from San Jose State earlier this year. I am an artist/graphic designer and I want dive into trying to make some games.

2 Likes

Console.WriteLine("Hello World! Again!!!");

I originally said hello here back last December. Iā€™d hoped to get really stuck in and make progress with the course but I let myself get distracted by other courses and technology (And video games), the end result of which is Iā€™m still at square one 10 months later. Restarted my progress over the weekend and have completed the first 2 sections. Going to try to stick with it and chip away at the course over the next couple of months.

2 Likes

Hi all,

First day today, getting used to this forum layout. Iā€™m here as I want to walk down the unknown path so to speak. Learn as much as I can with all this new technology and see where I end up. My initial thought is to use this tech for educational application so weā€™ll see what happens.

1 Like

Hei!

My name is Andrea, from Bergamo.
Iā€™m a student at my local Academy of Fine Arts.
Iā€™m not new to programming, but this is the first time Iā€™m learning it properly :slight_smile:

My goal is to learn some basics, so I can make the technical part of art projects by myself.
It would be awesome to make some immersive and interactive installations, maybe by starting with this course.

1 Like

Hi All,

My name is Chris, and I am from Philadelphia. I work in healthcare IT, but have maintained a healthy love for gaming since I was a wee tot. Iā€™m looking forward to the challenge of learning how to make games on my own.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hello!

My name is Maru Hernandez, Iā€™m from Mexico but currently living in London for my masterā€™s. Im doing an MA in Moving Image but Iā€™m very interested in creating VR worlds. I donā€™t know much about game making so thatā€™s why I decided to take this course :smiley: start from the bottom and make my way to become a pro :nerd_face: haha.

Cya!

1 Like

Hi, my name is Alex.
I live in a country which majority of the people could not locate on the map, Republic of Moldova. Nowadays i am a student in a college, tester in Game Dev company and also volunteer in Republican Volunteer Center from Moldova. In my college i study programming(C++, C#, JS) and of course one of the hardest HTML and CSS :laughing: . Since i was 13 iā€™ve watched all the news in Game Industry. Every week i watch GameSpot, IGN read some news from this sites. I developed some games in the past. Maybe some of them canā€™t be named games, but prototypes.
I feel that this industry is for me. I am happy to resolve problems which are referenced to game programing. For example last weekend i tried to shake the light object in unity. I resolved this problem only in Sunday but it gave me greate satisfaction.

1 Like

My name is Akhir ShaBazz, I am 18 years old and I am really excited to be taking this course.

This is actually the first time since purchasing the course in 2015 that I have a computer powerful enough to run the Unreal Engine. :grin:

Iā€™m from southern California and I hope to use my basic knowledge of C++ to help me do well on my journey to learn game development.

1 Like

Welcome to the community Akhir, itā€™s great to have you here.

I look forward to seeing the games that you create and share and the posts that you make :slight_smile:

Thanks for the warm welcome!

1 Like

Hey everyone!!

My name is Nate from the united states, currently living abroad in Germany!

Iā€™m 28 with some previous coding classes taken and have been a passionate gamer since i was about 4 years old. Iā€™ve finally made the jump to really go ahead and get a working portfolio and create a game here and develop professionally.

1 Like

Hi , My name is Youcef Leslous , Iā€™m currently a student at a 3D art school called Pro Advances , Iā€™m new to the game development community , Me and my partner are already working on a game story called ā€œDie Clockeā€ which is a post WW2 game , Hopefully I will get what i need from the course and by trying harder i will achieve my goal and get into the game industry business.

1 Like

Hi I am Sammy, I am from INDIA. By education I am a computer science engineer and started my career as a web designer but developing games has always been my dream and passion. I am really passionate about video games and after watching this course I think its finally the time to start doing something about my passion :grinning: I believe its never too late for anything thatā€™s why I took this course and I started it today and I have been trying to make a daily schedule for the course after I comeback from work. I have installed unity 2017.2 version before starting this course so I guess I need to install 4.6.x now. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey!

My name is Leonie, iĀ“m 25 and from the Netherlands. I just really want to learn C#, and what better way to learn then to follow my passion, gaming! IĀ“m really excited to be here :blush:.

Leonie

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m Kevin.
Poland born and raised.

There has always been that one thing that I wanted to do - making games. My best childhood memories are the ones, where I hold controller and gasp in excitement whilst trying to beat SNES and PSX games. Now, as a 23 years old dude, I see games (especially video ones) as an ultimate medium that have direct impact on how we see things, how we adapt to never-ending transformation of our world, as a source of great entertainment, and educational mine. That is why I have chosen to become a game designer - visioner with world improving power.
Iā€™m so happy to be on-board!

1 Like

Hello from CHI-USA!

Just geting started with the C# Udemy course! Iā€™ve been teaching myself coding for the past few years and have experience with basic web apps, but am looking forward to learning about game development!!a

1 Like

Hi guys! Iā€™m new :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Im Ivan from Mexico City. First, my english is not as good as I wish, but IĀ“m working on it :frowning:.

I have experience in all SDLC phases (apps and web) but currently now im working as a project manager. I have not code anything in 6 years, so it will be a good challengue.

Here to talk/learn/share.

Saludos :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms