Welcome to the Unity Section 1 sub-forum

Hey I’m Chris, and I’m from Cincinnati Ohio. I have always been a big gamer, and I have some experience with coding html, css, and java. I’m really excited to take this course and learn C#, I’ve always wanted to, just finally got motivated to get the process moving. I’m in school for Information Science, and currently working at a local company here in Cinci.

Hope you all have success with the course, I’m very optimistic!

Hidey ho!

My name is Carlos Abdu, aspiring illustrator, cartoonist, video editor, writer and as of this writing, aspiring game designer.

I'm a lifelong gamer who always wanted to be part of the game creation process. However, when I was young, I looked into what a game programmer and I was intimidated by the prospect of having to do a lot of math...I really don't like math...

So pursued other creative careers such as art and writing into college. Now I'm at a crossroads in my life and I wonder if my childhood fear has repelled from a path that I would have prospered in. My first step to rectify is to study coding. In my decision to study coding to learn about web design and programming, I said to myself:

“why not take it one step further?”

So here I am, ready to learn how to make games. I have very little experience in coding or game design, can do a bit of animation and the only thing I have in confidence is my ability to draw (and open up my big mouth). But what I lack in experience I will make up in ambition, hard-work and love for my projects. I look forward to being part of this course and seeing what games we can all make together.

Hey everyone,

I’m a fullstack web developer, and have decided to get me feet wet in the world of VR. I’ve decided to focus on developing for Google Cardboard, and my goal is to create a fully immersive platformer. Hopefully I can make some cool connections here and become a contributing member of the community.

• Cheers!

Hi there, it could be interesting to know about your achievements on VR and I would appreciate if you share your (future) knowledge with this community and me. I’m a desktop/mobile app programmer (but electronics engineer of carreer), and I love game development as much as building robots. I’m from Chile, so it is possible that sometimes my english may sounds a little weird.

Let’s have fun with this course.
Best regards, Jonathan.

Hi folks,

My name is Shalom from Israel.
I mostly a self taught programmer although I had before some web programming courses.
So i’m quiet familiar in the intermediate level with C, C++ C#, JS, sql and etc.
When it comes to game programming my desire is to gain knowledge in 2 fields:

• Exploring the history of 3d Engine programming:
    Installed for this one DosBox and started to learn how they did it from scratch with C programming, the
    books of choice: Teach yourself game programming in 21 days + Tricks of the 3d game programming gurus.
    (yep, i’m also into old school programming, it’s fun for me).

• Developing games based on modern engine, and the choice of course is UNITY :wink:
    … and this is why i’m here, since I’ve read a lot of good reviews about Udemy, and the crew of lecturers.

Hope to gain the best :thumbsup:

Hello,

I am Anhad Singh, I am in 8th Grade and I just felt like learning how to make games. So, I am doing this now.

Hey everyone!

My name is Tim Tuinstra and I’m currently enrolled as a Game Design student at Full Sail university. However, I felt like I wanted to learn more and more and so I picked up this course! Can’t wait to get started, and let’s see how it’ll go!

1 Like

Hello everyone!!

My name is Jorge Vital I am currently doing a game design bachelor’s Degree at full Sail University. I am here because I believe I need to expand my knowledge in Programming to be a more complete game developer, and be more successful in My field of study. one of my goals in the near future is to make a short demo of the game Super Metroid. Hopefully It will be all over the internet soon as a popular fan work…

Hi, I’m Tony and I’m introducing myself. :smiley:
Enjoying the C# course so far, still working through it.

Hi there! I’m Samuel, and I’m looking forward to go throught your course! I have basic-advanced knowledge from my secondary school in C, C++, Java, Php , HTML and CSS so I hope that I’m going to learn C# cause I always wanted to develope a game or applications.

Hi my name is Jamie I’m from New Zealand I’ve been trying to make games for a while now I have a friend who want’s to make them with me so I’m really hoping I can learn from this. I’ve tried many different courses. I just stumbled upon this course this morning and I look forward to working with you all! :blush:

Hey guys, I’m Avineesh, but I also go by Avi. I’m studying Computer Game Science at UC Irvine. Grew up with games, mostly on Nintendo platforms. Some games I like include Mario, Zelda, Mega Man, Castlevania, Sonic. I’m also a huge fan of Dragon Ball.

I made a couple of small games here and there, but I’m really looking forward to learning from this course so that I can improve my skills significantly, as I’m a beginner to game development and Unity.

Looking forward to talking with you guys. :slight_smile:

I really like your profile pic, Lord Freeza.

How’s it going everyone?

I’m Bill, and I’m new to all the this, I literally have zero knowledge of video game development.

I’m just looking to turn my passion for video games in to something more. I have a background in film (currently still working), and military service under my belt. So I’m hoping my experience will transition well in to building game worlds.

Anyway its exciting to be here. See you on the discussion boards.

1 Like

Hi all, Eric here! :slight_smile: Am from Singapore. Currently studying in a polytechnic and have a personal interest in programming. I have a rough knowledge of programming but not sufficient to even create a software/game so i’m really excited to see what i’ll get to learn here through this course!! Looking forward to having more discussions with you guysss

Hello Everyone, I am Karim from Lebanon. I am a multimedia engineer,and currently work as a unity game developer.
I am really interested in unreal and I would like to learn how to code with this engine.
Hope this course is going to help me out.

Hello everyone!

I’m Sean, and I am originally from Tulsa, Oklahoma. I’m active duty military, so I’ve been all around. I’m currently stationed in Montgomery, Alabama. I finished my BS CS back in March, and since then have been working hard learning various languages! I look forward to working with you all throughout this course!

1 Like

Greetings

My name is Bruno Goxhi. I finished my studies for Information Technology and Communications in University of Tirana, Abania and earned a master’s degree. Been working for a year as an IT and now I want to get more focused on the programming side of the field. Hope this is the right starting point. I always loved videogames so I’m sure it this is it.
Looking forward to get started, learn and have fun.

Hi, João

As you and luke, I’m from brazil too, and I have plans similar to yours, if I can add you guys, would be great!
Good luck with the course!

1 Like

Hello Edilson, sure, it will be awesome to get to know more people from Brazil doing this course. Let me know if I can help you with something.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms