Welcome to the Unity Section 1 sub-forum

Hey,
I’m David. I’m from Lithuania, not really surprised if you haven’t heard of the country. We’re like, ninjas. Just, the entire country is a ninja and not the people.

I’m almost 18 and about to finish college before hopefully going into a Game Development course in university and decided that it was about time to actually start creating a game. I have messed around with several game creation engines before such as GeoVox, Game Factory, GameGuru, RPG Maker VX and XP and 3D Rad but it was only just for a few minutes and I didn’t end up making anything on them.

I got the course as I was really interested in Unity, seeing as how most indie devs make games using Unity and because of how versatile it is, so hopefully I’ll have some skills that will help me throughout uni as well as a portfolio to get me started and stuff.

I’m really into IT and technology, I tend to keep up with quite a few things over the internet. It just amazes me how a machine can have its own language through which is can end up becoming sentient. I have also been playing games since my early childhood, the earliest memory I have of playing my first video game was when I was 3 and my brother let me play a level of Black Monday on his PS2.

My end-goal is to start a game company. I already have a few ideas for games that I would like to make but they’re really complex, so hopefully I’ll meet some cool peeps along the way and earn some skills that will be valuable :smiley:

Sorry for the long intro :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi all!

My name is Mattia, i live in Italy and i study informatics.
I’m 15 years old with a huge passion for games and game development.
I started with game development when i was 13, started with creating really small and stupid games with Game Maker (so no code) until i meet Unity almost one year ago. From that day i always focused on C# programming, so i’m inexperienced in Game Design, 3D modelling and graphics in general. i choosed this course for improve my skills with programming and problem solving, i hope i will need it :smiley:

See’ya!

Whatup?! Excited to learn Unity! Developing a game that’s been living in my head for years. Must. Get. It. Out. :smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone, My name is Callum and I’m a student who study’s 3D Digital and Animation in the UK. Can’t wait to start!!!

Hello everyone. I’m Marty, from beautiful but fridged Northern Wisconsin. I’m just a tinkerer looking forward to learning a new skill.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Mercedes and I am excited to expand my Unity skills even further. Looking forward to knowing more about C# and Blender tools in this course. :slight_smile:

Hey All! New to the course. I’m an aspiring video game narrative writer but want to get into coding and development so I can practice those skills. Excited to be here!

Hey everyone! I’ve actually been working through the course already, and I’m at the point where we upload our Text101 project, so I thought I’d make an account so I can jump into the community.

If you’d like to know a bit about me, I’m a writer and programmer/software developer. I’m also a game critic who writes for Adventure Gamers, one of the oldest sites on the web dedicated to the adventure game genre. I’ve always wanted to try my hand at game design, so that’s why I’m here. :slight_smile:

If you’d like to know more about me, simply check out my profile. There you can find links to my portfolio and blog, as well. Looking forward to interacting with you all and learning about Unity and the game development process. Cheers!

Hi I’m Ken Choong.I from Malaysia.I am an online seller,recently I change my career as an Android and IOS developer.Now I wish to learning a new stuff in my life,which is Gaming developement.
Nice to meet you all.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Paulo. I’m Brazilian, Senior Java Developer, currently living and working in London. I’m passionate about games but never really developed any. I’ve helped a few friends and colleagues with their pet project games in the past, mainly with the coding, but never really did anything I could call mine. I’ve flirted with Unity and other game engines in the past but never really invested any proper time to learn the tools, and I ended giving up. I hope this course and this community will help me fix this.

Regards.

Hi everyone , my name is Artur , i’m college student

Hello,

I’m Joonas from Finland. I’m a hobbyist game developer living in Vienna, Austria. You can check “my” projects on http://www.gamevara.eu/

Keep on playing!

Hey everyone :slight_smile:
My name is Loïs, I’m 21 and I’m from France.

I study computer science in university, and I’m thinking about opening my own game company once I graduate, the issue being that I have no experience in game development (and I have no clue how to run a business, but this will come later :stuck_out_tongue: ) So here I am! Hope we get along :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Im Hugo from Brazil =]

Hello!

I’m Dorotea. I’m 26 and I’m from Croatia. I’ve graduated languages (the human ones) and lately I’ve discovered I’m getting more and more interested in a completely different kind of languages, the programming ones :slight_smile: And since I like video games a LOT, I’ve enrolled into this course. It’s a perfect combo for me right now. I’m a creative writer, too, so… who knows, maybe I manage to come up with a story for my own game some day, too. But in any case, I’m still a giant noob in this field, so I’m looking forward to learning lots of new stuff.

Hi everybody!

My name is Yury. I live in Moscow, Russia and I am have a lonl-long history in IT. I was working for banks and manufacturers, IT vendors like IBM. But currently it is very interesting to me to learn more fun aspects of IT, like programming and especially programming of a games.
I already have Youtube Channel, so possibly i will build a game which will be interesting to my youtube viewers.

Hi I’m Melissa, I tend to call myself SolarLunix when I’m online. I’m orriginally from America, but I moved to Ireland to get married. I’m a primarily self taught programmer and I decided to take this course to increase my github profile so I have more code to show off for my PhD application as well as learn how to make games for my own personal enjoyment. It’s nice to meet you all!

Hi all, I’m Brian from Boulder, Colorado USA. I’ve been developing software for many purposes for many years.

Besides software, I am very active dancing and teaching Argentine tango! It’s a great way for tech people to get away from the keyboard sometimes and actually connect with other humans without talking or keyboarding!

In the meantime, I’m happy to find this course, and I’m looking forward to getting into Unity with all of you!

Hello, my name is Salvador and I’m from Querétaro, Mexico.
Videogames have been always a huge part of my life and getting the opportunity of having access to knowledge about them is what made me get this course and the Unreal Engine one to expand my knowledge and learn how to create videogames. I hope I can dominate the tools so I can create videogames by my own.

Cheers, everyone!

Him my name is Jean from France. I’m an optician that get bored with is job and decided to try something new. I’ve learned Java last summer and get certified with the most basic level from Oracle. Then I’ve started to study how to develop for Android.

I’ve always been a computer enthousiast and a gamer as well (including tabletop games) when I saw the scope of this course I jumped on it !

Thank you very much to make this course and share this knowledge in a such entertaining way.

Privacy & Terms