Welcome Everyone!

Hello my name is Jacob. I’ve been interested in 3d modeling for quite some time and I figured I might give it a shot. I hope to make some cool renders and animations with Blender!

Hi, my name is Jonas. I’m a PhD student in Ghent, Belgium, working on 3D mesh compression. Obviously I have touched upon several topics in modelling, texturing, etc., but my main insight is still just from a signal processing perspective.

Now, I am interested in the whole world of 3D modelling and animation, both for broadening my knowledge somewhat (preferably from a more technical perspective) and for trying to develop some more of the artist in me (at least, I hope this artist in me exists, and if this artist does exist he is probably hidden very deep). So I’m not yet planning any careers yet, for the moment it is more from an artistic/hobby point-of-view and who knows, maybe some side-project here and there.

Now, I’m not a complete beginner, I have touched several topics within Blender already (I have already followed some great free tutorials), and already made some works that sometimes did and sometimes didn’t really made sense (art, right? :sweat_smile:) Still, I’m sure there will still be lots to learn, so I hope that this course will give some sturdy foundations to getting better with Blender.

Hello guys, my name is Bugra, I am coming from Germany. Me and my friend want to create a new game, we have a great idea, hopefully we can fulfill our vision. He is very good at coding in Unreal Engine, so he told me to learn Blender for 3D objects/mesh/textures. I have no idea what to expect from this course, let’s see if a total beginner, who never experienced working in this section, has the ability to get some useful skills.

Hey awesome, I’m planning on either being a pro animator for a larger company or become a programmer for video games, maybe I might join you later on!

I’m excited seeing your progression!

1 Like

I think there is only one option for me is to create a game that I’ll like and enjoy, otherwise it may won’t work. I personally like adventure games, games with good music and atmosphere.
I think I’ll start with something very very simple (maybe a puzzle) and go in that direction.

Hi there i am Pico i live in the UK and I’m taking this course because i want to make mods for my fav game :smile:

Hi! I’m Scotland, I like games and I like making them! I’m mostly a programmer, but I’ve been working on my art skills recently. I’ve dabbled in Blender for a couple of years, but never really got into the thick of it. You know, like actually using it. XD Mostly, I’ve just enjoyed watching Andrew Price (Aka Blender Guru) mess around on youtube.

Hai everyone,
My name is Kiran. I am excited to do a course on blender. My goal from this course is to be able to create real life environments as models so that I can apply reinforcement learning algorithms on it. My current work is to play with do some research on Artificial Intelligence :slight_smile:

Hi im angelo, im from philippines, and i just started to learn 3d modeling, im a nursing graduate but I want to expand my skills and want to learn game development and design, I hope to work with all of you and learn tips and tricks. Thank you, and God bless!!

Hi! I’m Scotland, I like games and I like making them! I’m mostly a programmer, but I’ve been working on my art skills recently. I’ve dabbled in Blender for a couple of years, but never really got into the thick of it. You know, like actually using it. XD Mostly, I’ve just enjoyed watching Andrew Price (Aka Blender Guru) mess around on youtube.

Pretty much the same here (except I don’t make games yet). I really like the Blender Guru stuff; I found the “donut tutorial series” to already cover some interesting topics, based on which I would say I was already “using” Blender to some extent.

This is my first paid Blender course and it’s about 10x as much video content compared to the donut tutorial, so I’m curious how much I’ll get out of it (even if it also starts from zero). Good luck!

Hi there!

Hi! My son has created some fun pieces for Cosplay and I’m a jewelry artist interested in 3d modelling to export in order to 3d print on a small (and large) scale. Mostly Blender looks like an easily accessible, fun and versatile tool.

Hi, I’m Dave. I work in healthcare but have had a lifelong interest in all aspects of computing. I have previous experience in 3D automotive design about 18 years ago before my work life took a different direction.

I’m learning blender to create assets for a game I’m going to create with my wife and son.

Hi Everyone!!

I am Rick. I work in a call center but have always wanted to learn 3D Modeling for the Second Life Platform. I am excited and of course happy to meet all of you.

Looking forward to this course! COmpletely new!

Hello to the Blender community.
My name is Paul, been playing with Blender off and on for a few months, enough to learn very basics and find out I quite enjoy modeling. Figured it’s time to do some proper learning to stick with it before I learn all the bad habits. I’m most interested in sci-fi and fantasy modeling, a hobby at the moment, maybe segway into game assets or renders. Not really sure what my end goal is yet, I just know what I like to create.
Thank you @Michael_Bridges for putting the time in to create and support this course, I really look forward to getting into it.

Hi everyone. My Name is Ibis, I’m a professional animator working primarily with 2D animation, VFX compositing and live action film making. I’ve got very limited knowledge of 3d modeling and animation. While i have done extensive work in SketchUp which is a super easy to use architectural modeling program, and basic programs like iClone, I am ready to take the plunge and force myself to finally be able to learn a real animation and modeling program. I’m looking to be able to create cgi films using Unreal engine and am looking to be able to model my own assets using blender. I’m happy I have found this course, I’m looking forward to learning along side you all.

Ibis Fernandez
http://cinestarinteractive.com

I do hope I clicked the right “Reply” :smiley:
So, I’m Aron. Joined this community as I am about to do the Complete Blender Creator course - and my first Udemy course at that. So far, I’m really liking this whole set-up. I make game music and looking to be a full-on game developer so I can finally have games to put my music in :smiley: I’m not a gamer myself. I find playing games too time consuming :smiley: But like the idea of games and art and the music being a way of expressing oneself. I’m 35 - nearly 36, so if I ever make a game or two I’d like it to be a statement that it’s never too late :slight_smile:

Cheers,

@brandabel (Aron)

Hey there! :wave:t3:
My name is Linda and I’m currently studying ‘media computer sciences’ or ‘media informatics’ (don’t know how it’s called in english to be honest :sweat_smile:) I really like to draw and was always fascinated by 3D modelling and animation. The next step will hopefully be to connect my knowledge from school to the things I learn in this course (and the Unity/Unreal courses) to develope my own small game.

Hope you all have nice day!

Privacy & Terms