Welcome Everyone!

Hi everyone,
I’m Praween and I’m from Sri Lanka. I work as a Java Web Developer. But any way my idea is to do something different and some thing new to movie industry in my country. But the problem is there is no help from anybody here. Because they do not have much idea on these things. Anyway I’m not giving up my attempt to do something for my country. So I searched for lot of resources related to 2D, and 3D animations. And I ended up with this Udemy course on Blender. I think this is the best video tutorial I have ever found on internet. I would like to thank Mr. Michael Bridges for making this kind of tutorials for people like us. And I would like to contribute to this forum as I can and on my best.

1 Like

@aloofbubz I’ve played with Unity since 2012, I have played with Unreal a bit and a bit torn.
I love the work flow on Unity and the fact I can code in C#
Unreal looks much prettier, and editor is better in that you can sculpt meshes without dropping into a modelling package like blender or 3D Max. Handy when you just want to punch a hole for a doorway or window into a wall.
Materials look much better.
The downside they are a lot more complex to setup.
Coding you have to use Blueprints which takes some getting use to or C++
Unreal does have better native multiplayer support and integration with Steam.
The other one is asset costs. The asset store on Unity has a lot more free or lower cost assets where as the ones on Unreal’s Market place tend to get very pricey.
There definitely seems to be more of a community behind Unity, a lot of startups / indie devs use it.
Unreal seems to be used more by professionals studios.
Unity is a lot easier to get started, a lot more tutorials etc.
I did play with CryEngine which is very powerful, however the editor was very rough. Basically they just released their in house tool to the public. Next to no documentation etc. Lumber Yard, which I haven’t played with, is Amazon’s who have jumped on the bandwagon and have taken the CryEngine tweaked it and stuck it into their Amazon Cloud Services.
I have tried switching to Unreal a few times, but always end up going back to Unity.

Hello! My name is Laís Rhianne (but everyone calls me Lays). I’m brazilian and I’m doing Bachelor’s in Mechatronics Engineering.
I started this course because I have always loved games and my favorite area right now is character creation. So I’m hoping I can learn how to make 3D characters and environments for games.
And also, I wanna learn how to make 3D objects for 3D printers on Blender, since I only learned how to make them on SolidWorks during my course.

Hi all, my name is Lance and I have just purchased this course on Udemy. I am traditional artist with some knowledge of Digital Art, Photoshop, Procreate. I have little in the way of 3d Modelling skills so this seems an ideal course to get started. I am looking to convert my traditional art skills into 3d modelling skills.

hi my name is justus and I would like to start game team

Hello Everyone! My name is Claudio and I’m an Android developer but at the moment I would like to dive into Unity / Blender development on my free time. At the moment I would like to start with simple casual games but who knows.
Best success to you with your objectives

My name is David Hewitt and I’ve always wanted to learn Blender

Hi there, I’m Carlo. I took this course because I want to learn the basics of 3d modeling and printing

@Dmitry it’s really cool that you are trying to be a game developer that’s the career field that I have chosen as well. The only difference is that I’m currently working on getting my degree but I like that you have the will to work on things on your own. What kind of games are you interested in creating? Personally I would like to create games that are more story driven because I feel that a lot of games are now multiplayer based with maybe a story tossed in there.

-Francisco

@LeeHall thanks for the information I really appreciate it. Maybe I’ll try out unity before I try Unity. What would be your dream game industry job? Mine would be to either work at 343 Industries, Bungie , and eventually starting up a game company. It’s a long shot but I would be willing to work on it.

Hi,

I’m a developer from New Zealand, I’m really like Blender and would like to learn a lot more.

Hello!

I’m Arthur from Brazil, greetings everyone! Hope we have a great learning time!
Have fun!

Hello, my name is Aldrin,

I’m a complete beginner in 3d modeling. I am currently working as an Aircraft Engineer and looking to find a subject to transition into for a career change. My goal is to apply what I learn, and evolve this new skill set to creating a portfolio which I can be proud of presenting.

Hello All My name is Harry I’m from Ohio live in Florida, I have been in computer since the the first dos computers came out. I want to learn more on 3d models. I play with Daz 3d Studio, and Blender but I need to learn more about creating models so I can design games, and at some point maybe do things for VR.

Hey guys! I’m Ty, and I’m a senior high school student living in Hong Kong. I’ve been an artist and a computer nerd for most of my life, but have always been put off of learning 3D modelling due to the unfriendly & scary-looking nature of the interfaces. Hopefully this will change!

Hi I am Dhruva Singh. I am new to Blender community. I want to understand 3d animation, game development etc. I hope to learn a lot and open a world of possibilities for myself in the field of animation. I also hope I make new friends even though we will not be meeting in person. I also hope to contribute if I can even though I am completely new in animation.

Hey guys!
My name is Andrew and I just installed blender. Don’t really have a set goal in mind, just did a few tutorials and thought it was pretty fun. Hope to learn a lot and meet new people!

1 Like

@aloofbubz Just getting into the industry would be a great start. Although interested in interactive experiences and VR
However I think the only way I’m going to get in is either a massive commute or do my own thing.

Hi, I’m Yvan. Grad to be here.
:smile:
I hope I can make a excellent 3D animation short film one day.

Hi, I’m Brandon. I am a bit on the aged side of life. Still kicking out creative art and wish to turn it into 3d, Hopefully also into some cool VR content as well. Really excited about the two course I picked up blender. :rofl:

Privacy & Terms