Welcome Everyone!

Hello, I’m Dmitry. I’ve done some programming in the past and now want to get more skills and knowledge in other fields.

Let’s Lord of AAA and indie games bless us!

Hello. I’m Merlyn. I’m hoping to learn 3d modeling applications for printing and animation.

Hi all,
My name is Lee and I’m from the midlands in the UK.
I’m a developer and techie with a love for games. I have played with Unity since 2012 as a personal interest and decided to take this course to learn some modeling skills to develop some of my own game assets as well as try to help develop some creativity skills to go with my technical.
I’m actually part of the way through the course and really enjoying it, but thought I should stop by and say hello to other new members as well as existing members.

Hello. My name is Jason B

I am interested in learning 3d Modelling for use with a 3D printer

Hi I am Francisco, I am here just exploring and see if I like or not

Hi There!
I’m Joshua and I’m very excited to be here and to learn 3D modeling. I want to be able to render good quality models soon. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello I’ve finally started with my blender course. I have no 3D design experience and am looking forward to learn. We currently run a business in Robotics and it will be my job to design 3D art for the company, how to add all the parts together in building your robot, and more

Hi everyone!

My name is Oliwia and I’m from Poland. I wanna to learn Blender to be a 3D modeller-Animator. I’ve never known this program before but I am so excited to start create sth cool.

Greetings

Hello Everyone,

My name is Francisco and my goal is to work in the game industry and I thought that learning blender would be helpful in the long run. My main goal is to eventually be able to form an indie game studio. I’m not really sure what kind of games that I would like to make. That’s pretty much it.

Good Luck!

Francisco

Hello Lee

What kind of games are you looking to make? Personally I’m not sure what kind of games I would like to make.

-Francisco

Hello Steve

What kind of games are you interested in making?

-Francisco

Hello, my name is Ryan and I’m taking this course because I have an interest in creating models for 3D printing as well as general artistic interest in 3D animation.

Hello Jason B, Francisco S, Joshua, Cindy, Oliwia, Francisco, Ryan and everyone else :slight_smile:

@aloofbubz I tend to play around making Third or First Person multiplayer survival / crafting style games.
Although have had a number of stabs using Unity and Unreal although I slight prefer Unity as have been using it since 2012.
Also had a bit of play doing some simple mobile game dev using Unity and currently just started on another Udemy VR course as that’s an area of interest.
So jumping between courses a bit at the moment, but really enjoying this Blender course.
Like you I would love to get into the games industry, in fact it was games that got me into programming.
Unfortunately getting into the industry is not easy and there are no games companies near me.
Do you have a particular style of game you enjoy playing?
L

My name is Tomas… and I’m taking this course to get the fundamentals, and be able to create my own 3d props for a game I’m trying to create in UE4

@LeeHall I usually enjoy playing games that are First Person or Third person. I usually play games like Halo,Fallout, Bioshock, Pokemon but I have been expanding to more indie type games. For example I’ve been playing Jotun, Titan Souls, Wolfe. I feel you there aren’t many companies near me either unfortunately but I’m sure it’ll happen eventually just gotta keep on working at the craft. I’ve been wanting to try out unity and unreal engine but I haven’t been able. Which one do you like more?

-Francisco

@Oliwia_Cwynar
Hello I think that it pretty cool that you want to be a 3d Animator. This is also the first time that I have used the program but I have used 3DS Max before. Good Luck with the class!

-Francisco

@Dmitry
Hello Dmitry I’m also taking this class to gain more skills in blender I have never used it before only 3DS Max but I was curious what kind of programming have you done? And hopefully the Lord of AAA and indie games do bless us.

-Francisco

Hi, Francisco, I have tried various sorts of programming, but I haven’t tried game development a lot and I want to change this statement.

Long story short, I’d been working as an embedded system engineer for 1-2 years and as an android developer for 5 years. I’ve quit my previous job in the last year and decided to start all from the beginning but as a game developer. In perspective, I want to build a good company, so I decided to improve and concentrate on other fields besides programming.

As you may notice I like abstractions.

But I can tell what I’ve tried in last year, besides 3D modeling and drawing. I’ve tried Unity, Monogame and Urho, also Cinder, but as a rendezvous with C++11 (I had a bad experience with C++ before, but I after I tried C++11 I realized it is different now, much better).

To my conclusion, I decided to stick with Unity, as I definitely prefer C#, which is a very good language that a lot of programmes love. Also, I want to try GameMaker as an alternative for prototyping.

All that I’ve written above is more a personal journey than a concrete plan. The main goal is to tell the story, and for that purpose, I need other skill or understanding of other disciplines, that is why I also took music composition courses (Udemy is a bliss).

1 Like

Hey all,
I’m Danny I’m taking this course to get the fundamentals down and bring to life what lies deep with my mind.

Privacy & Terms