Welcome Everyone!

Hi volks! I’m new to the community and to online-lectures overall. I’m excited!

Best regards from Frankfurt, Germany! :slight_smile: :office:

Hi from Poland. My name is Renia and I am excited to learn about creating a 3D model :slight_smile:

Hi! I’m Lalo. I’m super interested in animation and modeling in its own right, but also in 3D game design. I hope to be able to make models good by the end of this course. I am a little worried that some of the more game-related stuff like normal maps and other optimization techniques might not be covered, but I’m still super excited and hope this will make a great start!

1 Like

Hi! My name is Cristin, I live in Boise Idaho. I’m totally new to 3D modeling and I’m super excited to progress through this course. Previously I have developed a couple video games by myself, more as a hobby than anything, but I would like to create something more professional with the help of a small team. It is my hope that by completing this course, I will have enough of an understanding of 3D models and textures that I could reliably and efficiently communicate workflow goals with another artist. I think that until you’re able to to perform a task, you don’t really have an understanding of what that task requires. Even though I don’t think I’ll ever work as a professional 3D artist, I still think cultivating 3D art skills will be essential and profoundly beneficial to achieving my own goals!

Hello to everyone learning Blender 3D!
I chose this course as I have always been interested in 3D and I love drawing and writing.
But, my so, who is 11 has been asking about 3D animation. He’s been doing stop motion for a while and wants to step up a gear.
I have know about Blender for a very long time and tried to use it when it had a very different interface than the one it has now.
Listening to my son, I now know it’s time to buckle down and learn it so I can help my son as he goes through the course.
He’s mad about tanks, and he’s been looking at tanks, which have been rendered in Blender. He can easily see the shapes involved, but needs to learn how to create in Blender what he sees in his head.
I’m very excited about this course and I hope to show off what we will accomplish.
All the best and to everyone’s success.
Ian

Howdy partners! I’m honored to learn such a magnificent program with you lads! Let’s ROCK’N’ROLL!

I want to become professional 3D designer for gaming industry, tis passion of mine after all.

Good luck to us all and keep hunting!

Hello there!
I have just started the Learn 3D Modelling course and I’m at the point where I have to introduce myself, so hello and thank you for accepting me!
I am pretty fresh out of school and a year into college so I want to start building my skills as a game developer, I’m pretty new to this and the whole aspect 3D modelling, ultimately I want to get a good grasp of this, as after this I will be doing the Unreal Engine course which I’m also super excited to start. Right now I have a whole lot to learn and tons of time to do it, so I’m just going to get started, thank you.

Hello!
I am Jan from Norway.
I have used Blender for a while, but never got it into my fingers. It is just like everything else to learn - at some point it sticks, and then you can get into the flow of advanced processes/developement. This is the path that I hope this course will lead me into. I have a tendency to jump right into the advanced modes first and then get stuck - because the fundamentals is not in place. I am now at Section 1 Lecture 12 and so far I like this approach. Thanks to the instructors - you are doing a great work.

Hi Everyone, I’m Rod, a very senior member in so far as I am older. Finally after many years doing a Blender course after simply mucking about in it. I have some working knowledge of Blender and have been on board since 2.39 version. It seriously has changed since 2008 when I first started to learn. I hope to improve my techniques and interact with like minded users over the course of the course. :):grinning:

Hi Everyone my name is Sid, such a pleasure to meet all of you here. I’m pretty sure that everyone here is very talented… I’m hoping to learn more from this program and hopefully improve my understanding about blender… Cheers!

First challenge: Say Hello!

Heyo! My name is Rose and this blender course has been sitting on my udemy shelf for so long it’s about time I did something about it lol, I often start things and never seem to finish them so no extra special promises here, but I do promise I’ll use the knowledge I siphon out of this course to make something uniquely me :wink:

I often fantasise about making my own computer games or becoming a coding genius but I’m an impatient artist and often struggle with the more complex stuff, I have too many ideas and little know-how to bring them into fruition.

So my goal here is to learn the tools in blender and use my new found knowledge to create the 3d art I’ve always dreamed of, and to all those like me who are just starting out: “Good Luck! and see you on the field.”

Hi everyone,

My name is Wesley, I’ve been interested in 3D modeling for a while, and bought this course in January. Started on it a few weeks ago, now I am getting around to uploading some stuff, will be more on top of it from now on. Oops.

I also paint and make stop motion animation, so I am pretty excited for what Blender will add to the toolkit!

Hello! I am Isaac, a high school student wanting to learn the full package of Blender! I want to use the skills learned here to work under game development!

Hey everyone. My name is Jim. I am studying 3d animation in preparation for a career change and 3d modelling will improve my skill set. I look forward to learning to use this powerful program to make awesome things. I have no specific goals in mind other than getting out of the construction business so I am willing to go wherever this journey takes me.

https://twitter.com/Tori_Domi

Hello everyone! I’m Tori, a 2D illustrator trained in 2D animation looking to add an entire 3rd dimension to my skillset!

I’ve never been part of a forum before, but I’m looking to challenge my comfort zone so, here I am.

I’ve taught myself basic Maya, and wasn’t intending to get this course, but after completing what’s available of the team’s Unity 2.0 course I fell in love with the team’s teaching style and focus on community and thought, well it definitely wouldn’t hurt to know blender!

Looking forward to getting to explore this community! Will see ya’ll in Discord if I can muster the courage! :pray:

PS anyone stanning for the GC ChibiRobo is my new friend

Hello everyone :smile:

My name is Ella - but you can call me Shoda. I am a game design and development/animation/net-art student looking to add more skills to my set and improve on the ones I already have.

Hi!
I’m Marcin, just finishing my Materials Engineering studies. I got into 3D modeling through more engineering approach which is CAD. I designed and produced (with outsorced machining) my own downhill skateboard trucks prototype in Autodesk Inventor, now I’m redesigning them in Solidworks and got interested in 3D printing.
As a kind of artistic soul I was doing a lot of things like short movies in high school, pictures now and then and at this moment I’m distracting myself from writing my engineers diploma through vector graphics :confused:
I thought that learning Blender would be an awesome way to connect artistic and engineering approach and express it by some nice 3D printed sculptures.

Or I guess that being quite restless and craving to do everything is the reason. I’m not sure yet :smiley:

'Ello everyone, Giles 'ere. I am a learning software engineer, web developer (focus on back-end), and game developer, learning Blender for use in my first 3D game. Hoping to be able to learn to create my own assets so I don’t have to rely on free-to-use assets online.

I am a fairly decent singer and programmer who is rubbish when it comes to art, so initially I was against using Blender myself (not to mention that I thought Blender was Windows-only). I am a Linux user who refuses to use Windows under almost any circumstance, albeit ironically, because destroying Windows is fun.

Anyway, I think that’s about it for my introduction, I’m not sure there’s anything left to say…

Hey Everyone!

My name is Christian Langer and ever since I first put a sword into The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion I was hooked on 3D and GameDesign. I have been using Max for several years but I rekon its time to learn something new (and free :wink: ). My goal with the courses I’v bought? I want to publish a game. I have had the idea bouncing in my head for years, and now i want to do something about it.

Hello All,

My name is Will and I’m a cartographer and digital artist in Asheville, NC. I’ve been using Blender to process the 3D maps I make but I’ve been hoping to learn how to do more with them than just render them as 2D images. Plus I just want to learn more about modeling.

Privacy & Terms