Welcome Everyone!

Hi

Im Øyvind Kjønli, and come from Norway, but live in Spain. I have been playing around with blender for maybe a year now(mostly BlenderGameEngine). Now i decided to take the step, and really learn this amazing program.

Hello ladies and gents,

My name is Jai. I am from Reno, Nevada in the United States. I recently graduated with my bachelor’s in computer science with a software and mobile application development emphasis. I am currently working on an android mobile game. I am looking to gain knowledge in model creation, and to use this course to learn Blender3D to assist in creating models for my game.

I look forward to late nights and fun conversations in the forums with each of you.

1 Like

Hello Joanna, how is your art coming along?

Hello, I am looking to combine 3D modeling with my current profession. I am pastry chef living in NYC. Thank you for making the course available. I am a complete beginner and have no clue about any of this. See you around,

Omar

Hello! My name is Kaylea, I am 15 years old, and homeschooled. I am an artist looking to learn Blender so that I can model my various characters, and even make models for animation, games, and 3D printing. I feel like 3D modeling would be a good skill to posses, and I am very excited to continue with this course! :smiley:

Hi, My name is Ahad and I am originated from Bangladesh. Currently I am working with developing my own renderer based on PBRT. I am taking this course to learn 3D modeling and VFX alongside developing my own renderer.

I’m Gino, and when I was a kid I was hooked on this one video game my brother introduced me to called “Super Metroid” and since then I’ve wanted to make Metroid games and video games in general. It’s led me into pursuing the hobbies I’ve had through the years and finally to the job I’m at now where I do tech support, graphic design (despite not having a graphic design degree) and other technical activities and hopefully one day, programming.

I’m learning blender to learn how to make animated demos and games. I also want to make animated short videos for fun as well. I had hoped to learn 3DS Max, however, I never could make myself stick with it enough to read all the way through the book and learn how to use the tools and the interface and actually draw what I wished to draw.

Hello Im JieJie I have been self teaching myself blender, but I think I should start from scratch, and learn all I can. I am a clothing designer in Second Life and would Love to make clothing with Blender.

Hi! My name’s Joao and I’m doing my master’s in Computer Sciences in Portugal.
I’ve worked with jmonkey before for a college project and I’m aiming to become better at developing models for any future projects :slight_smile:

Hello,
my name is Susi, I’m from Austria. I’ve a background in computer sciences and I’m a PhD student with the focus on user experience in Human-Robot Interaction . I started 3 month ago a course for VR development and I love it. So I’m a bit familiar with unity but I am a newbie with blender. I’m taking this course to learn to build my own 3D models. Look forward to what’s to come.

Hi everyone, I’m Mark from Melbourne, Australia. I’ve always enjoyed 3D animation and used to dabble about 10 years ago, but haven’t touched it since.
Game development is something I’d love to do but film is where my real passion lies. But with a family of my own, finding time to pursue a career is next to impossible so my goal with Blender would be to create some CG animation that I can use with videos that I take with and of my son - a huge Thomas and Friends fan - and have some fun with it.
And who knows? Once he is older (he’s only three right now) it could be an awesome father/son project we can do together!

As per ‘challenge’: Hello everybody. I am Quintin Bennetts, a South African IT student who would love to work for a large gaming organisation as a developer. I am taking this course for Blender in order to learn how to create models and assets to use in my own games. I would like to build a couple small games to build my portfolio up and prove that I can work for a large firm.

Hi Guys this is Bater, I’m learning blender to be able to change my career from boring old business IT to game design and programming, I’m not an artist nor good in painting. back at school we didn’t have these classes and I would love learn this stuff the IT way :slight_smile: !!!

Hello, my name is Chace. What brought me to it is an interest in game development and the thought of creating my own objects, characters, and worlds. I look forward to learning and seeing what all is created here.

Hello folks, I’m Timon Davis and I’m a web developer by trade, but I’ve wanted now for a long time to break into video game design and development, and I’ve decided to start making it happen. I’ve dabbled a bit with blender before, but I’m hoping to walk away with a solid foundation on modeling and using blender.

Hello - I’ve been taking the Blender course and though I’m further along, I did not get round to signing up here or introducing myself. I also decided to go back to the beginning of the course which proved very useful since there were little things I missed on the first viewing of the first three sections or so. I’ve tried out some of the You Tube Blender tutorials previous to this and have been having fun making uncomplicated furniture. I’d really like to work on buildings, and other things. My building interests are centred on virtual world grids.

Hi there, fellow polygon shepherds!

I’m a 3D sculptor from Marks Tey in Essex (UK) who is looking to add Blender to my 3D toolkit.

Looking forward to getting started!

Hi Michael, and all of you.
I am Cédric from France.
I am ready and feel very excited to start my Blender learning journey.
See you soon for challenging and sharing our CG creations.

Hey everyone! My name is Jason, originally from Canada but living in Utah at the moment.

I have been enamored with Low Poly art and 3d modeling for years, so when I saw this course on Udemy, I had to jump at the opportunity to dig into it. I would like to get into 3d printing, but also want to start creating digital art. I couldn’t think of a better way to combine my love of Low Poly and my desire to create!

Excited to get started!!

1 Like

Hello,
Angela from the UK. I am really looking at building my Blender skills up. I have messed around with it at a low level for years and think that I really need to start seriously developing my knowledge. I have a keen interest in VFX/CGI and am now starting to look at building my skills with a number of key packages.

Happy days!

Privacy & Terms