Welcome Everyone!

Hello everyone,

I am starting on the Blender course at Udemy, as it will help me with many of my goals in my hobbies and potential ventures. Immediately, I plan to use the 3d modeling to print parts for inventions that I plan to implement. I am also looking forward to learning advanced 3d modeling skills in order to develop assets for and move on to making video games. Happy learning!

Cheers,
Tristan

Trying the first challenge

Iā€™d like to make a game sometime soon, and hopefully blender and java will help me get there! ^^

1 Like

Ive taken an interest in this course because I would like to turn some of my art into 3D models or just start doing things mainly in the 3D art realm. Iā€™ve always admired 3D animation and looking at how technology has changed and upgraded always inspires me to try it. I look forward to the class and other challenges!

New to Blender and 3d modelling; hoping to learn some new skills to use for a custom game that a friend and I am working on.

1 Like

ive always had a interest in 3d modelling i saw this on course on udemy and decided too buy it i have absolutely no background in 3d design so brace yourselves for some unholy abominations!

1 Like

Hi guys. I came across Blender from a ā€œbehind the scenesā€ video of the Amazon show ā€œThe man in the high castleā€.
It showed how they created 3D lifelike and genuine looking backdrops for the show using basically nothing but Blender.
I got sold on the idea immediately, and canā€™t wait until i might be able to do the same.

Iā€™ve got no coding history, no previous experience with 3D modeling/rendering programs. So Iā€™m very excited to see how all this turns out.

Cheers

2 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:, Iā€™m pretty new to blender other than doing some small tutorials on YouTube which was making low poly models. I am really interested in 3D modeling and Iā€™m trying to learn it using this course :smiley:, In the future I would really like to use the models I make for a game which I would also like to learn how to make and also for making animations.

Hello :skull:

Hello. Goals here are to get to be competent enough to create our own assets for our first few app games. Art is expensive o.oā€¦

*Post a comment against this Lectureā€¦

My Name is Edward,
My Goals and ambitions are to get better at 3d animation and modeling as well as get into 3d printing custom characters for myself and others.

Hey, my name is Ishaan, iā€™m just a kid who loves animation! I really want to expand my blender skills.

(Just realized I should have posted this here):rofl:

Hello World (Haha that is a coding pun),

My name is Brandon Miller (AKA Star-Lord). I am taking this course to prepare for my next semester at college. I am from the United States and I live in Utah. I am hoping to get into Utah Valley Universityā€™s Game development and Animation Program. I have put 2 and a half years into a bachelors degree in Computer Science but found myself wondering if I would actually enjoy a job programming software or setting up databases or really any kind of computer science related jobsā€¦ I just couldnā€™t picture myself really enjoying that. Donā€™t get me wrong I enjoy programming but the idea of making business applications didnā€™t thrill me ( Ok, I know there are many different avenues one could go down with a degree in computer science. Just trying to give one example of the many thoughts I was having). I have always been in love with video games and decided to take some courses at UVU.

To my dismay all of the courses were locked do to three prerequisite classes. One of them was a survey of animation class. I really didnā€™t know what the class was aboutā€¦ ( I though it was going to be mostly discussing and watching different types of animation, the history of it, and possibly writing a few papers, that sort of thing) What I did know was that I had to take it to get to the class I actually wanted to take. So I registered for it. The first day of class I learned what it really was.

It was a hand drawn frame by frame animation class. We would be required to produce 6 animations throughout the course. I learned a lot from that class but two of the most important things were 1. The game development courses I wanted to take were part of the Game Development and Animation degree program that you had to apply for and be accepted into to take and 2. I was actually pretty good at drawing ( well at least free handing from a reference drawing).

All that has led me to this course, and hopefully to a bright future. One that I am actually excited to get to. So good luck to all of us and best wishes.

-Brandon

(Sorry this is Sooo long):sweat_smile:

Hey there, my name is Danforth! Iā€™m doing this because I thought it would be a neat and interesting skill to have. I plan on making animations and pictures with Blender.

Hello
My name is amad and currently I am doing my bachelors in computer sciences.
And I aim to be a visual artist :slight_smile:

Hi everyone!

My name is Leo and I am from India. I enjoy creating graphics, and stumbled across Blender while looking to make some 3D typography. Soon, I learnt more about the software and realized I could do so much more with it.

My knowledge of 3D is minimal, but I hope reach an intermediate level with this course.

I am grateful for this course ā€˜Blender Creatorā€™ and am happy to be a part of this community.

See you around!

God bless!

Hi Everyone, just introducing myself as recommended in the first lesson. I am taking this course as Iā€™ve wanted to do 3D modelling for games since I was quite young but was always quite intimidated by the tools available at the time (still am a bit). I am taking this in conjunction with the Unity intro course. Iā€™m excited to get some of my game ideas coming to life!

I am an industrial design graduate an I am looking for improving my 3D design skills.

1 Like

Iā€™m taking this course to become proficient in Blender (obviously). I came across the program for the first time about a year ago while making a 3D logo for album covers, etc. and was BLOWN AWAY with how powerful Blender is. :astonished: Itā€™s also about as Byzantine as I can imagine a program being. (Right click means left click?!?)

1 Like

Hi all,

Got no experience with blender/ 3d modeling at all.
But it seems something i would be intrested in / making an hobby of.

Just started first lesson so lets see how it goes :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms