Welcome Everyone!

Being that I’ve been writing Ruby for some time I’d probably recommend this to start with, it’s really great as a back-end solution. Rails is great at enabling test driven development as well as getting an application up and running quickly.

I’ve so far found Python to be great at manipulating data in various data structures very quickly. I do however think Django can be a nice simple experience and it can run pretty quickly depending on your DB usage.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions along your learning journey there.

2 Likes

Hello Tonni,

I’m not quite sure if I am to speak portuguese or english, but let us be democratic. It is always quite pleasing to see someone from Brazil! I’m from Belo Horizonte and I ended up here by a link in a gamedev/c++ course. Seeing your linkedin was quite inspiring. I’m in the middle of a graduation in Civil Engineering and always wanted to learn about webdev, programming, but never had the chance. A few days ago my friend introduced me to Udemy and here I am. I’m learning HTML, C++ and will soon move into Java. Do you have any tips for me?

It would be pleasing to talk with you!

2 Likes

Thank you for your insight. I’m anxious to start learning both. I’ll definitely wan’t all the help I can get once I begin studying.

2 Likes

Hi Pedro,
nice to meet you. It’s really good to know I can inspire someone.
I don’t know the market tendency on Belo Horizonte, but if you want to dive into webdev I would recommend 2 things:

1. First try to find what you like most. I mean between front-end and back-end. I’m a designer, so I started with front-end and loved it. Then I started learning back-end programming, but only when I thought I was good enough in the front-end. You’re coming from a completely different professional area, so you can choose which one to start with.
  2. Second I would tell you to search within the market which programming language is most wanted. For example we don’t have many job openings for Java in Rio. Most companies look for Ruby, Python, .NET and NodeJS. Even PHP has dropped a little. So choose wisely so you can guarantee that you will be able to grab a job opportunity to put in practice what you’re learning.

Don’t worry too much at the beginning. You need to first get a job on the area. After that you’ll see it’s much easier to change between programming languages, as long as you keep learning different things showing the market that you have what they’re looking for.

Connect with me on linkedin if would like to.
If you need anything feel free to contact me.

2 Likes

Hi I’m a game developer and I want to improve my knoledge in 3D production.
Nice to meet this big community

2 Likes

Hellooo, wish you best of luck and mainly - lots of fun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m actually a film student but my real passions lie in animation. I have been learning about traditional 2d animation and have been trying to improve my drawing skills in order to learn the basics of animation. I want to take this course because I want to make animated films or work on video games in the future. I would also like to specialize in 3d modeling.

2 Likes

Hi
My name is julian and first of all i wil exuse myself for my bad english. I am dutch
But I defenetly look forwarts to the course so i can learn how to moddel for games

see you xd

3 Likes

Greetings to everyone! My name is Rob I’m an amateur artist and 3D modeling beginner looking to really leverage Blender. I’m a veteran software engineer but I’ve always enjoyed sketching and working with photoshop as a hobby.

I look forward to sharing my creations and seeing all the great things from this community of people. Until next time, cheers!

2 Likes

May 3 - Hello all, my name is Natty. I’m new to blender and 3D modelling. I wanted to learn because I enjoy using Illustrator and I thought this might be even more interesting. I hope, one day in the future, to take what I’ve learned into VR or AR development

2 Likes

Hi every1,

My name is Giovanni. I’m an amateur CG artist. I’ve been using others 3D software in the past for quite sometime but I’ve been now intrigued by Blender and I can’t wait to see what comes next in this course

2 Likes

Welcome and good luck! I’m new too.

2 Likes

Good luck to you too then.

Are you new new in the 3D world or just new on Blender?

2 Likes

Looking forward to learning about Blender. Just completed a BFA in Graphic Design, but I really want to learn 3D modeling

2 Likes

First course here and excited to get into 3D modeling. I tried to get into it on my own once before but lost motivation. I am hoping this more structured setup will keep me going.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

My name is Peter and I am a rookie software developer. I seriously did not start coding with any serious purpose until a year ago, so I am still trying to get my bearings in the developer community. A recent project introduced me to 3D rendering in the web browser and I thought it was the coolest thing in the world, which got me wondering what else I could do! I am an avid console gamer and used to love assembling model kits when I was younger, and I am hoping Blender will be the happy intersection among these interests, allowing me to make quality models that could be game assets! Happy to be here.

1 Like

I’m new to 3D modelling. I’ve been messing around with Blender for a couple weeks and I figured I needed a little help learning. So here I am ready to learn.

2 Likes

Hi same here
im kiana by the way

2 Likes

Pleasure meeting you.

1 Like

I am in Ontario, welcome!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms