Welcome Everyone!

Hello everyone, my name is Yousef. Just started learning Blender. So my goal here is to be a indie game developer and become good at 3D art. I been playing video games since i was around 10 years old and fell in love with it ever since. My dream here is to open a game studio with some friends in the future. Good luck everyone else :slight_smile:

1 Like

My name Is Doug, I am currently a Game Dev Student from Canada.

I was interested in taking this program because in class we learn how to use 3ds Max, but I was also interested in learning other 3d modeling software. I found I was struggling to pick it up on my own, especially already being exposed and knowing the ins and outs to another software.

My goal is to be able to have the knowledge to understand and use blender more efficiently and to use what I learn to make game assets.

I look forward to learning through out this course and seeing what the community and I can make using blender.

Doug

hi just doing the first challenge

Hi my name is Matthias.
Using Blender on and off for the last 2 years.
I hope this course will fill the gaps and help me to be come a better Blender artist.

I am a retired music teacher and just looking to broaden my horizons. I have been using blender for a few years and understand it’s basics but like to take courses to help me get more in depth understanding of blender and how to best use it. I am interested in CGI and animation but not so much in how to sculpt (especially with the sculpting tool) which I find tedious and unrewarding. My interest is in doing this for fun and as a hobby. I am not looking to start another career.

I am looking forward to fun and creativity.

My name is Trina, and I am attending college to become a 3D animator. Its going to be a long rough road and I am hoping this program will make it a little smoother for me!

Hello,
I’m Waleed Foad, A medical doctor and Biomedical illustrator.
I’m excited to go through this course to be able to do Medical 3D Animations.
Nice to meet you all

Have a great day.

Waleed Foad

Hello Waleed and everyone else on the comunity!

I am Aukje Feenstra Kuiper. I am a 3D game oriented artist from the Netherlands.
I am doing this course because I want to use blender to make art for the Unity asset store. Since I am just starting out I am very happy that Blender is a free to use program.

I am really looking forward to what I learn and who I will meet along the way.

Have a great day, and good luck with your learning paths!

Aukje Feenstra Kuiper

I’m new here. I’m John. I’ve been doing art for like, 9 years and I want to learn blender. What I hope to get out of this course, is the skills needed to make cool art in blender. I find that blender suits me more than traditional art, so… yeah. Go blender. Wooo.

Hello,

My name is Benoit, I’m from Belgium. (I’m not english native speaker, so please excuse :slight_smile: )
I had this year the opportunity to learn Fusion 360 to make parametric design usable in a FabLab, so now I’m looking after the more “artistic side” of 3D modeling.
I’m also interested in video games and I’ve followed multiple “one day” formation about PixelArt, Construct and Unity.

So I hope this course will give me a plenty of things to think about. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Hey everyone
My names Daniel and I recently just purchased this course to learn a wide range of skills in 3D Modelling and blender itself, I’m hoping to go to college to do animation so i thought this would be a good way to start learning the programme

What’s up, y’all? Julian here, polymath autodidact dilettante extraordinaire, just getting started with Blender. I don’t have any particular goals in mind doing this, but 3D modeling seems like a useful skill this day and age. Don’t be a stranger.

1 Like

Hello There!
My name is Bethany and I am a full-time structural drafter. I started out in structural steel and now work in precast concrete (parking garages, office buildings, airports, etc.). I have done 3D modeling, as work and as a hobby, for over 4 years but have been stuck mostly in industry programs. There are 2 problems with that, the programs are expensive, and they are not as versatile. I would like to do more aesthetic 3D modeling, as well as some game assets. Honestly, I’m pretty much excited to learn anything with 3D modeling in Blender, I am a huge open-source fan, especially of Blender. Hopefully when I learn more and get more adept to the program, I can make my way over to the annual Blender conference in Holland!

Always open to hearing from people about the course, or if you want more friends on Steam!

Just saying hello, getting in the habit of getting social here on Udemy. My name is Kiel (Kyle), I’m a 34 year old dude from Chicago, IL… I’m taking some Blender 3D Modeling courses and anything else that’s meets my fancy here on Udemy… I was recently enrolled in the Art Institute Online, and it was fairly pathetic for the amount of money it cost… Though I did get a decent grip on Maya and produced a few decent 3D models during that time. I look forward to learning more.

More about me: Avid gamer, cat lover, cook, and critical observer. I might be immortal, nothing has proven otherwise to date.

:grinning: Hi!

Hi there,

I’m John. I’m looking to learn Blender basics to build assets for Unity for an Augmented Reality startup idea I’m playing with. I’m no artist, having worked in IT support and developer roles my working life but it would be good to be able to put up something reasonable as part of our initial builds.

I worked alongside architects in Microstation for a number of years and have experience playing with 3D design in that and sketchup, but no formal training.

Looking forward to seeing you round :smile:

Cheers,

John

1 Like

Welcome, John!

This is an amazing course packed full of information to get you started and keep you going. Lots of friendly folks here on the forum, who are very helpful. Hope you enjoyed the course as much as I have. Good luck and have fun!

1 Like

Hi there,

I’m John. I’m looking to learn Blender basics to build assets for Unity for an Augmented Reality startup idea I’m playing with. I’m no artist, having worked in IT support and developer roles my working life but it would be good to be able to put up something reasonable as part of our initial builds.

I worked alongside architects in Microstation for a number of years and have experience playing with 3D design in that and sketchup, but no formal training.

Looking forward to seeing you round :smile:

Cheers,

John

2 Likes

I plan to make video game characters.

2 Likes

So hey guys! I’m new to Udemy and online courses in general but I am exited to be here. I got on here to hopefully learn how to use blender properly to the point where I can make complex models, or at least know how to approach them. I am hoping the modelling and animating I’ll learn will aid me in game design, however I wouldn’t mind dabbling in making full animations at some point also.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms