Welcome Everyone!

Hello! I’m Matijs
I’am newbie into designing and I’m looking forward to create and design my own game.
Don’t know what to tell or not, but hopefully these series are worth it :slight_smile:
Have nice day!

I am super excited to start this course, and wanted to familiarize myself with the forum!

Hello,

my name is Mark. I am 15 years old and i love drawing. I found this course where its shown to you how to make 3D models. In the past I tried to use blender and make some 3D models. But it was to complected for me. I wanted to make some of my characters that i draw to 3D models. And maybe make a quick animation with them. I bought this course because it was only 10€ for me. Hopefully i learn more about 3D modeling.

PS. sry for my bad english :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have enjoyed the course so far.

Hi :slight_smile:

I am 24 now and hope it’s not too late to learn something new :slight_smile:

1 Like

Decided to start 3d modelling in the last few weeks after I got some vape(electronic cigarette) parts printed from thingiverse and wanted to try design my own.
At this stage it is just a hobby but who know where it’ll take me. I was watching videos through youtube to learn blender and got the basics but wanted a more thorough learning experience so decided to give this a go.

All the best
Evan

Hi everyone,
My name is Marco, i’m interested in learning 3D Design. I’ am a gamer as well and it fascinate me, how people are capable of doing such great 3D Artwork. My main target is to create 3D Models, Assets, Textures, etc. for games and eventually get myself into game developement later on.

Hi Marco,

I am also interested in games and 3D modeling and im making my own game.
Its a FPS game (First Person Shooter) and its fantasy.
I would like some help so maybe we can sort something out.

Hi all, my name’s Max. I am a programmer who’s trying to become good at more game-related skills. I am studying Blender at the moment, and I plan to then move to learning about texturing and perhaps animation. My end goal is to be a 1-man game studio, in a few years’ time, while in the meantime I will be working on some personal projects.

Hello. My name is Hugo and I’m proud to start this course. I’m a System Analysis and Development student.

I actually work with 3D modeling since I’m also building designer and former employee in an Architecture office, using BIM and modeling software like Autodesk Revit and 3DS Max. But since I’ve become an open source enthusiast, I decided to use Blender instead these expensive solutions.

I’m very fan and enthusiast of games as well, and I certainly will use it to develop something too.

Hi,
I am Mohammad, I will be using this course to design models suitable for Unity Gameplay.
I have been working with VR lately but found that that optimizing a model is a key to save performance.
Cheers

1 Like

Hey, just started the course today as well! I’ve been using Unreal Engine mostly, but do you think Unity is worth looking into?

1 Like

I have used Unity extensively, its easy for me because it is script based which is my plus point. In Unreal the output (frame rate) is better as compared to Unity (as per comparison videos by big developers). The reason I believe is due to visual scripting which they I guess call Blueprints. I felt there were some limitations for me as a programmer(although you can write scripts but it was too late to switch over) so I stuck with Unity all the way.

Being sad that if you are confident in Unreal then go for it. But if you think you can code for Unity in C# or JavaScript then Unity is good too.

Hi @Mark1Design,

I have been in this class for a while and have made some pretty cool stuff. I see that you are asking about Unity. Well, right now, before the sale ends you can get another one of Ben Trisdem’s classes that teaches you Unity by coding in C#. I am taking that course too and I absolutely love it! I have even made 3 games so far! It really is worth checking out! The class is called : “Learn to code by making games -Complete C# Unity”.

I whole heartedly recommend getting it, its only $10 (sale ends today) and soo worth it! You will be able to make your own assets with this blender class and then use them in the Unity class.

Hi everyone! My name is Jake, I am an engineer by nature looking to learn how to use blender to illustrate some important concepts to our company about how our products work using a video training series. Blender will be an important component in simulating these physical properties so that our marketers and customers can better understand the high level concepts. On top of that, I am just looking for a creative outlet and the two joined forces last week when I downloaded blender. Glad to be here!

I been coding for more than 30 years and I have always been curios about game development. I’m also subscribed to a game dev course, but I think I should learn 3d modeling before that, or I will start making ugly games. I also code all day at work so going into design, shapes, etc. would be an end of the day break for me.

1 Like

That sounds pretty cool, I’ve tried to get into coding and found it pretty difficult to get into. So far I’ve found 3d modelling a lot simpler to get into, but maybe I’m just a visual learner lol

1 Like

I’m very interested in learning how to create 3D models and at the moment want to develop mods for games I love and hope to eventually get into video game development!

1 Like

Hey, I’m a big gamer and looking into getting into the gaming industry myself. Hope this course gives us the tools we need!

1 Like

My name is Mark. Over the past few years I’ve obtained a HND in Interactive Media and BA in Creative Digital Media, and both courses allowed me to learn a lot of skills, from Photoshop and Illustrator, to Lightwave 3d and the Unreal Engine.

I also taught myself how to use 3ds Max, a very good 3d modeler. However 3ds Max is very expensive to use commercially and Lightwave 3D, while cheap, is pretty much a redundant, archaic program no one should be forced to use and will have died out in the next few years.

So I’ve been looking into Blender and have only seen good things so far. While it may not be as good as 3ds Max it looks like it could come close and it’s worth putting my time into.

Privacy & Terms