Welcome Everyone!

I have a diploma in video game design and i want to make games and not have to reply on an artist for art BUT i would really like to meet other artists and designer because im not too great at art and my models will probably look like well polished ****. lol.

I have a network of about 10 fellow student who are too busy with their day jobs to design a complete game projects themselves so they are always looking for new project to help out with.

I am working on 2 many projects, however I am wanting to remake a game that is about 20 years old and make it HD with good character models and so it can work on the new 64 bit windows operating systems. I have an old computer with Windows Vista so I can play the original game. I also play World of Warships, and War Thunder. I have been 3D modeling ships and planes in Blender to transfer to Auto desk and put into the War Thunder CDK to sell to them. I hope I can get a team of friends to work on games of this magnitude over time. For now I just want to make an HD copy of Disciples.

Hi all!
Iā€™m a media teacher at a local high school. Got started last year in Unity and now Iā€™m taking on Blender. Iā€™ve been teaching media for 20 years now. Iā€™ve always used Animation Master for 3D Animation but thought I would give Blender a go after hearing some good things about it.

Cheers!
Mike

Hello I have taken this course to learn and improve at 3d modeling in blender.

1 Like

My first ā€˜challengeā€™ was to introduce myself, so I went and slurped at seven eleven and now my hair lays flat.

have funā€¦

I am interested in modeling state of the art realism.

Iā€™d like to create realistic river system game maps and coastal environments that are heavily interactive but also very large.

I suppose simulations like these take a long time to render, but I am interested in whether these advanced physics can be used in games if they are controlled differently or managed more efficiently.

I am also interested in boosting realism in human facial expression and modeling human anatomy with attention to realism. i.e, skeletal morphology and osteology to better place moving flesh meshes onto modeled bones.

This video provides a lot of inspiration. I would be happy producing this level of realism in an animation or a game, just to understand more. But I lack guidance. If anyone can recommend classes, schools, or resources, I would be grateful.

My name is Yehiel and iā€™m from Israel, new to blender but not to 3d modeling, hopefully it will help ease in faster
my goal is to be able to model to games, for personal projects mostly, hopefully for more :slight_smile:

My name is Alex and Iā€™m from California. I am new to blender and so far Iā€™ve found my previous experience in CAD programs like SolidWorks and AutoCAD hasnā€™t exactly carried over. Iā€™ve got a lot to learn, but I am excited to do so. My immediate goal is to be able to use blender to make models for 3D printing, but I would also like to explore the artistic potential the program has to offer, as part of a larger effort to improve my art and design skills.

Hey my name is Caleb and I am a robotics engineering student with big ideas for movie special effects and game development. I am learning Blender to start building some concept art for a cool video game combining a few similar platforms together. Iā€™m excited to connect with some of you guys!

Hi, Jenn here!

Looking forward to learning blender and being able to model my own characters. I am an engineer and have some experience using modeling software for work but I really want to delve in to the more storytelling side of animation.

Just stopping by after starting the course and am excited to work with all of you.

Hello, good people! My name is Ilja and Iā€™m a game designer from St. Petersburg, Russia. Nice to meet you all. Iā€™m digginā€™ blender and 3d modelling cause Iā€™m going to make simple games by myself.

Hello all,

Iā€™m Jennes, an electrical engineer. My interests are 3D printing and modeling. A while ago, Iā€™ve decided to try something different from the parametrical CAD software. Seeing some awesome models, I decided to learn Blender. After some YouTube tutorials, I got the basics, but now I want to move to the next level!

Hello from Ireland! my name is Maeve and I am a complete newbie to 3D modelling. I want to eventually get into architectural visualisation but need to learn all the basics first.

Hi all!

Iā€™m Adriano from Rome, 45yo and here trying to finally manage learning modeling with Blender.

Iā€™d like to create my models to use with Unreal Engine or Unity (still struggling about which one is better to learnā€¦ suggestions very welcome!)

My final target is entertaining my 3 and a half yo daughters and maybe (slowly) introduce her to coding and developing (games or whatever)

Ciao!
Adriano

Hi Everyone,

I am Gergo from Hungary. I want to build games with my 3D game engine (http://muleengine.bytifex.com/#/). I am not good at asset creation therefore I decided to learn Blender.

Currently going to school for video game programming. I have been using blender off and on (more off than on) for about 10 years. I am still very much a beginner in my eyes, but it is my favorite modeling program. I hope be able to render and model all of my game assets into a final game by the end of the course.

Greetings everyone!

Just arrived at this forum as a response to the introduction and the challengeā€¦
Nice idea to put the first challenge in this direction, just a few words short explaining the thing perhapsā€¦

I am a senior consultant that find myself with a little more time and an appetite for new things lately.
Trying to get started with writing novels and full featured adventures I found that my written language could use some improvement in the visual department. Tried sketching and Blender but got really inspired with the CGI and some introductions to composition and ā€˜visual languageā€™ I found. Of course the joy of (relative) success with a few of my blender models pulled me in further. But in the ā€˜free contentā€™ department (read youtube et all) the material is either incomplete or somewhat unstructured.

Looking forward to some well structured learningā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

First Challenge

Hi everybody, my name is Leonid and i am 20 years old. Currently i am studying gamedesign in Russia but recently i decided to learn 3d modelling as well. I hope this course will help me to achieve this goal.

Privacy & Terms