Welcome Everyone!

Hello everybody!
I’m Thomas from England. I’ve dabbled with Blender following some YouTube videos but feel I really need to learn more about how it all works so I don’t have to follow someone else’s guide and can start creating my own things. Really looking forward to what the course has to offer.

Hello from Gordon in Newport South Wales. I’ve been learning to useing Unity and Blender for a while now and I’m trying to learn the skills so that a can try to make sort of clones of all the old games that I used to spend all my pocket money on as a child in the arcades and put them all together in one large game. Sort of like your pac man and you have to collect all the yellow dots that will power your ship so you can then go on to destroy the space invaders before thay destroy you three citys and so on…

1 Like

Hello,
My name is Trenton. I’m from the USA and I want to use blender for games and to make some beautiful art and animation.

1 Like

Hello guys! I’m Getulio from Brazil. =) I’ve used blender in the past to make simple cups and water simulations, but now I want to learn how to use it for real. I want to learn how to make 3D models to use in Unity and maybe make some cool games. I’ve just finished section 1 and I am already amazed by what the community has made. I’m looking forward to see what comes out of your creative minds and mine too. =P

Same! I want to make art with blender. This course is extremely helpful and seeing the posts from other users is so inspiring. good luck to you and welcome!

Hello everyone, I’m Jorge Restrepo from Colombia.
I work as a product Designer at Irreal (my own little yet very fun studio) and I’m very interested in designing videogames.
I’ve worked with some other 3d packages, with different applications, and have some experience with Blender, so I hope this course will take my skills to a greater level.

I grew up playing videogames so yes I really like them! Specially RPG games.

Hello to the community, I am Matt from England.
I’ve have been wanting to do something creative for a long time but never knew where to start, I dabbled with a bit of 3D Modelling when I was at college using Maya however it was a very brief experiance but one I loved. Now I wish to get back into it, my goal by the end is just to be able to create 3D models of all the things my imagination can come up with and maybe a bit of 3D printing.

I also look forward to conversing with you all and seeing all of your work, there is something very humbling and fascinating about seeing people improve and achieve their goals. So good luck to all of you in your creative Journeys.

Hello, Frank here!
Already enjoying this course a lot! I hope to get the most out of it.
Thanks for the continuous support, it’s great that you keep updating the course to keep it up to date.
See you in 3D land :alien::+1:

1 Like

Hi all, just started.
i am an experienced c# developer and i’d like to do something with game development.
I am experienced in java android developing even if i prefer xamarin with .net.
Ready to learn 3d modeling to apply it to urho3d platform.

3…2…1 let’s go!

1 Like

Hey! I’m also in Iowa. In the Quad Cities.

3 Likes

Nice :slight_smile: I’m in the Waterloo area, well actually I’m out in the country south of it but yea.

1 Like

Hello everyone.
I’m Elina from Sweden, never worked with 3D before but have been drawing all of my life! Excited to try to make assets that could help me with that and get a hang of modeling before getting into a game school.

1 Like

Hello everybodeh,
My name is Anthony and I’m from Texas in the US. I’ve been practicing with blender for a few weeks watching youtubers making these fantastic photo realistic renders and ever so often an add for udemy would pop up so I got curious and here I am.

I hope to finally be able to take the 2D images my niece has been so graciously providing me and turn them into 3D assests for a game I’m thinking about making. I plan on taking the udemy course for game asset creation as well as this one.

1 Like

Hello my name is Junaid. i joined this course so that i can become a professional CG artist i Love blender but its too complicated to use thats why i joined udemy to learn everything i can.
hoping it would be a great learning experience looking foward to the course.

1 Like

I’ve joined this course so that I can expand my knowledge of Blender, and hopefully develop a better understanding of the program as well as a work flow that enables me to be efficient.

I hope to use Blender to animate on top of Riggings created using an XBOX Kinect sensor.

Hello.

I am a learning film editor based in Pune, India.

I have been using Blender for a few months, learning from YouTube now. I have created some object models and used them for our event page.

Here’s one of my models:

It’s for an Urdu poetry program ‘Sukhan’. They have loved it. The concept and the design are mine.
I love to see peoples’ amazed faces when I tell them that it’s not a photo! :smiley:

Further YouTube learning has revealed that many things have been overlooked while creating the materials. Now, to me, it doesn’t look realistic enough. I need serious training.

I want to learn to model and animate living objects.

My ultimate goal is to be able to make animated short films, and tell stories… or explain Physics concepts through animations!

-Vaibhav

My setup is a laptop: 8GB RAM, Intel quad core i7 CPU and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M GPU (2GB). They called it ‘beginner gamer’. But my purpose was not of gaming. With a few tweaks I could use the graphics card for Premiere Pro.

That said, I want to know whether this course is specially for game developers. Is it any good for filmmakers? I know most theory would apply to both, but you said vfx and stuff in your intro video, which made me think it was for filmmakers too. Now I see more of game developers here. Even this forum is on gamedev.tv! I wouldn’t want to continue a course which is only half useful to me.
Thanks.

Hi guys. This is for the intro class. I just got a 3d printer and am hoping to make my own designs. Looking forward to learning more.

1 Like

Hello there!
My name is Fernando Colares and I’m a motion graphics designer.
I’ve been working with motion for a while and already ‘played’ with 3Dmax, Maya and C4D.
Since Blender is free, I decided to give it a chance and here I am to learn as faster as I can!
See you around!
P.S.: I’m an ESL (English as Second Language)

1 Like

Hullo everyone,
My name is Carl and I am to learn how to make video games. My dream is to start a small business that makes video games with my friends.
I’m from the GTA in Canada and I hope to get to know you all!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms