Welcome Everyone!

Hi there, I’m Nixe, a storyteller from Canada.
I’ve been wanting to learn 3D modeling for a very long time in order to accurately portray my stories in video. I started out in machinima using video games like the Sims, and moved into animation using Source Filmmaker. Trouble is, I’m a perfectionist, and if it isn’t exactly what I imagine, it’s not perfect. I plan on using this course to learn how to create the assets I need.

1 Like

Hi, My name is Henry, I am from Calgary Alberta. I have just signed up for the Blender course here on Udemy. I have watched a number of videos on YouTube so I am looking forward to learning this software tool in a more structured environment. I have experience using CAD parametric modeling tools such as SolidWorks and Fusion 360 and Fusion 360 has sculpting tools which I am also still learning. Learning Blender will allow me to gather skills with using this complex 3D modeling, rendering, and animation environment.

1 Like

Hello again! I have already started the Unity3d course and figured this Blender course would help me too. I aim to make games as a hobby, and just maybe doing something career-wise with it. Either way, I think I can take the skills from these courses and use them to further my skill sets in the workforce.

1 Like

Hello @ZacharyTyo
Figured i’d reply to your topic instead of creating my own topic called the same thing.

Name:
I’m Starskimmer.

Ambitions/Goals:
And hopefully this course will help in creating the models I need for my Video Game.

Goal in life…Create a video game worthy of the name.

(not sure on the posting rules. But here is my gallery, one of the other interesting details in my life.)
Deviantart Gallery: starskimmer.deviantart.com

1 Like

Hey Everyone! Dema Fairport here, artist, dreamer, total geek! Here to learn blender as I have been fascinated with the Virtual reality world for 5 years now and being a graphic designer and virtual world sim designer I want to learn how to make my own assets as well as make assets for emerging VR technologies, worlds and games.

I have played with Maya and blender and after being so frustrated with mix match tutorials, I am ready to get down to business… sooo…

Let the fun begin!

1 Like

Hey Everyone! Dema Fairport in Secondlife here, artist,
dreamer, total geek! Here to learn blender as I have been fascinated
with the Virtual reality world for 5 years now and being a graphic
designer and virtual world sim designer I want to learn how to make my
own assets as well as make assets for emerging VR technologies, worlds
and games.

I have played with Maya and blender and after being so frustrated
with mix match tutorials, I am ready to get down to business… sooo…

Let the fun begin!

1 Like

Evening all, Monty here. First time using a udemy course for anything so here’s hoping it works out! I’m formally a musician so it’ll be interesting to see how to mix these two professions.

Very excited to learn my way through blender, I’ve only ever really experimented with 3D as a passing fancy, but playing through various games has made me realise how incredible the craft really is.

Let the blending commence!

Welcome everyone! Martin van Kuik here.

I bought several courses, the Unity Developer Course, an additional physics engine course in addition to the unity developer course, and thirdly this blender course. I’d love to learn more about creating assets that may be used within unity. I’m eager to learn and i’d love to hear about you guys.

Have fun and enjoy the course!

Hello, everyone!

I’m Carl. I’m currently going to school for Media Arts and Game Design, but there’s only so much I can do here…and also, classes can be expensive.

So, I’m taking this Blender course from Udemy to learn how to make 3D Models in the hopes that at the end of it, I’ll be able to make models for games and animation.

Good luck, everyone!

1 Like

I wish you good luck as well!

Hi everyone! My name is Brittany and I recently graduated with a degree in IT. I have been interested in learning some 3d modeling for a while, and I thought this seems like a fun way to do it. I also signed up for the Unity course, and I hope to learn to create my own assets.

Happy learning!

Hi, my name is Vahe. I am a serial entrepreneur having created and sold four companies so far. Just recently I sold a company to a university in Germany. Now I am looking for new ideas through exploring the 3d printing world. I am very excited to see - and maybe participate with a tiny contribution - how the world will change through 3d printing.

Hi! I’m Joe, and I’m taking this Blender course to design 3d printable objects.

Hi @Starskimmer
I took this course to learn the same thing what type of game are you working on

Description

Full Name: Zachary Thomas Tyo but you can call me Zachary Tyo
e-Mail: zachary.thomas.tyo@gmail.com
Twitter: @ZacharyTyo // https://twitter.com/ZacharyTyo
YouTube: Zachary Tyo // https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE7Id9aVZgeLgBCuYDY0-Kg

Hello all!
I am Miguel and I have little to no game design or 3D modeling experience and am very excited to learn more in this field! I am a traditional artist mostly paintings lately however I would be interested in 3D as well as some game design.

Hi! My name is Yarineth Ramos and I’m interested to learn 3D Modelling because I’m software engineer and my dream for the future is to develop a videogame from scratch and then have my own indie game studio. I know how to program them, specially in Unity 5, but I know very little about 3D Modelling, so I want to specialize in that :relaxed:

1 Like

Hello,

I am Manik and I am working on a 3-D modeling project where we have to provide a gaming experience to a lab. So a person can walk around in the 3-D modeled lab and do various things. Really excited to learn about the 3-D modeling.

I drift from project to project, but recently i’ve been focusing on a post apocalyptic fantasy zombie survival game…or at least that’s the basics of the idea.(as the whole thing would overload the forum lol) (big idea(s) little ability to implement)
So far i have a default sprite that can walk in a circle in a endless(not) field of grass.
(aka. unreal basic 3d template. lol)

So I’ve picked up this course as well as the code physics course (as i want to include funky gravity and other effects) and the C++ unreal course as that’s the tool i enjoy using(love the graphic coding interface). I tried Unity a while back but I didn’t take to it.

What are you planning on working on? (if you don’t mind me asking :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Hello!
My name is Bruce. I am a web developer by trade but I know a bit about 3D using Maya. However, I have no idea how to use Blender and I can’t wait to learn the ins and outs of it and start doing 3D work on the side, even if it is for my own personal projects.

I’m working on a couple small projects I’m trying to work on a horror game for example but I have an idea for one big project an MMORPG

I plan to start a game design business I’m working on a couple details but it’s my dream so I won’t stop working for it

Tell me more about this ‘‘Fantasy Zombie Survival Game’’ i am interested in it and I’m wondering if you need help.

If you’re interested you can contact me at

zachary.thomas.tyo@gmail.com
or
https://twitter.com/ZacharyTyo

Description

Full Name: Zachary Thomas Tyo but you can call me Zachary Tyo
e-Mail: zachary.thomas.tyo@gmail.com
Twitter: @ZacharyTyo // https://twitter.com/ZacharyTyo
YouTube: Zachary Tyo // https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE7Id9aVZgeLgBCuYDY0-Kg

Privacy & Terms